Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got the edlebrock 2122 cam in the other night and the valves adjusted, I got everthing bolted on yesterday, I put the antifreeze in this morning, installed the dist. and cranked her over, pumped the gas and it fired right up, I set the idle at 2000 rpm and let it run for 30 minutes, after that I set the idle at 800 and put the timing light on it, it was perfect on TDC and I backed it up to 6 before TDC, everthing was great then I noticed it had a hesitation, when I tried to give it gas, it would fall off until the rpm got up, it has gotten progressable worse to the point where I cannot even start it now, it has a new edlebrock 500 cfm carb on it, after I try to start it I can hear gas gurggling in the carb, I can see gas going into the carb so I don't think it is the fuel pump. any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
after I try to start it I can hear gas gurggling in the carb

I would retighten the intake, carb and check for any vacuum leaks. If you spray starting fluid in it, does it then begin running?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have a float stuck, it will start if you hold the pedal to the floor but will shut back off, it acts like it is flooded, my plugs are black and there is gas running down the front of the carb, thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts