Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just swapped my i6 auto to a 289/t5 last week. The swap went smooth until yesterday. I've drive. Probably a total of 30-40 miles and all of a sudden steam starts shooting out if the hood so I pullover and the fan had cut the lower radiator hose. The motor is tilted down toward the passenger side! Have any of you ever heard of this?! The motor mounts look fine!

·
Registered
874 Posts
You will need to check all three mounts to see what has happened. The two engine mounts and the tranny mount. Something obviously has shifted due to a broken or lose mount.

68Hildago...

·
VMF Ambassador
6,578 Posts
Your images aren't working!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing this on my iPhone and I don't think I can upload pics on here. I have pics of both motor mounts and how the motor looks looking straight at it. If anyone wants to see them pm your email and I can send it to you. Thanks in advance I can't figure this out!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm doing this on my iPhone and I don't think I can upload pics on here. I have pics of both motor mounts and how the motor looks looking straight at it. If anyone wants to see them pm your email and I can send it to you. Thanks in advance I can't figure this out!
Here are the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
You need to get underneath and check out the tranny mount as well. Try to take a picture of it and also.

Feel free to email me the pictures and I will post them for you.

68Hildago...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Zooming in on the first picture, the right hand mount doesn't look right.

If you take a jack and lift the motor a bit, you should right away see some separation on that mount if it is bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes haha that'd be a good idea. Thank you all it seemed like such a dramatic tilt that it couldn't have been the motor mounts but it only makes sense

·
Registered
35,216 Posts
The left usually goes first. As for source, I'd order it from Rock Auto. They list the Anchor brand mounts for $3.39 each.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts