Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the pins installed. My question is the top stanless plates get screwed into the hood with the supplied screws. The set only came with eight screws. Due to the fact that that the shelby hood is got two layers of fiberglass to go through do I need to attach the under plates with my own screws. The supplied screws will not go all the way through to the bottom plate. I DON'T WANT TO SCREW UP A BRAND NEW BRANDA HOOD. HELP! The kit did not come with directions.
Sobz

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think you will need to buy 8 new screws that are longer. They should go all the way through. At least thats the way they are on my 69 Mach 1.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have the Branda hood as well and I just put the hood pins on. I got the reproduction Shelby style and they don't come with screws. When I had my Mach 1 it did have the screws, but they just went through the one layer of sheet metal and into the bottom plate.

On my 67 (with the Branda hood), the hood pin kit only has a top plate and it uses stainless steel rivets that only go through the first layer of fiberglass - worked great! I think if you use longer screws you could run the risk of tightening them too much and cracking the fiberglass (or may they would "dimple" the hood over time by pulling the two layers of glass together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts