Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Moultrie, GA swap meet and car corral.

Fairly good selection of parts, I found a full repro quarter for 5-6 coupe for 40 bucks, and needed it for a patch panel or two, but figured it wasn't worth hauling it (in a buddy's new leather interior suburban, I won't do that again), so I passed. Just a little ways down the isle, I found a NOS quarter, same applicaton, $450. I have a soft spot for NOS sheetmetal, so I decided to find a way to haul it. Found an acquaintance who couldn't haul it himself, but had a friend there who had plenty of room and didn't mind. I convinced the seller to throw in a rear valance that was an old service replacement that was obviously painted with lacquer years ago. Very nice piece. Dug around in his stuff and found a NOS right headlight door for 20. Didn't really need it, but what's 20 bucks now days.

Went back and got the repro quarter, too.

Ran into someone while waiting for my seller to return from wandering around. He wanted to price a NOS 67 coupe quarter the same seller had. He didn't have time to wait around, so I got his number to give the seller when he showed up. Told me his name was David. Based on our conversation, After he walked away, I realized it was David Osbourne of Osbourne reproductions. I've actually spoken with him a few times before, and he's pretty good friends with a friend of mine (he's into pedal cars too)

All in all, a fun trip

SamG

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
(he's into pedal cars too)
Yes, David is a good guy. Didn't know that he into pedal cars but he's has started collecting the Powercar Jr's.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i missed moultrie this year :( i was riding my new harley when a woman decided to not stop while i was turning in for lunch well got a broken left arm and a messed up right shoulder i cant even dress without a lot of pain, or let alone drive i think the bikes totaled if i feel a little better i might try to make daytona though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts