Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post has been posted many times! I am doing a paper for on of my drama classes and i got an excellent subject about mustang movies! What are some movies that have mustangs it them and what kind of mustang are they?

I know of:
Bullet
Gone in 60 Seconds
Stephen King's Graveyard Shift (One of my favorites)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's a 69 Mach 1 in running scared with Billy Crystal. Short but sweet! I cried when they wrecked it. :(

BTW - you mispelled Bullitt
Proud Owner of a 1969 Mach 1<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by herponi on 03/08/01 03:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diamonds are Forever is a James Bond movie with I bleive a '71 Mach 1.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't Jim Belushi in one with a mustang convertible, was it K9 cop or something like that? There were some seens in Sleeping with the Enemy where Julia Roberts was driving a convertible, then of course there is the James Bond film where Shaun Connery drives a 71 (I think) through Las Vegas-might have been Diamonds are Forever?

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullitt - 68 GT with a 390, probably the most famous of the movie Mustangs

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Lately I'd say Elanore is probably more famous from Gone in 60 seconds 1967 GT fastback.

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me Myself and Irene, Jim Carrey does some gymnastics getting in and out of his red convert - think it was a '66

[color:blue]'65 wimbledon white original coupe I6
'99 silver convertible V6

Check out Mike & Jackie's '65 Mustang </font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple of older movies with Mustangs:

A white Mustang fastback shows up often in "A Man and A Woman," a French film from around 1966 that centers on racing. Mustang may even be a GT350, but I don't remember. Some Ford GTs in the movie, too, as I recall.

A Mustang convertible appears in the best of the Bond films, "Goldfinger." The movie also shows a Falcon Ranchero hauling away a crushed and cubed Continental; the Falcon's springs don't even sag.

LarryJ

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A young woman drives a beater '65 coupe in the Stallone remake of "Get Carter." When the car first showed up, I figured it was a certain goner. But it survived the movie—unlike some late-model luxury iron. Not enough reason to recommend the movie, though.

LarryJ

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the movie Iron Eagle the kid drives a '65 conv. well at least I think it's a '65

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about the Red Convertible 68?? in Innerspace? Wanna Cry, watch him walk on the hood.... OUCH.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How about the original "Gone in 60 Seconds?" (1974) Three different yellow '73's. 40 Min. chase scene...

http://my67heven.tripod.com/emsm.gifI was looking for a restoration of fantasy. I do not want my car to be as it was in 1967. I want it to be as I imagined it in 1967. -John Baird
Got Rust?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not a Movie, but Didn't Maxwell Smart in Get Smart drive a '68 GT350 Conv. for a while.

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

·
Registered
923 Posts
"Innerspace" 67/68 red convertible
"Goldfinger" 64/65 conv filmed in Switzerland,white with red interiors, not a T-5
"Thunderball" 64/5/6 blue conv.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by dmorrison on 03/08/01 11:31 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't forget Stallone's LOCK UP.

They build and then destroy a 65 Mustang in about 13 Minutes of movie. Great scenes, great movie too.

I still hurt when I see my baby get knocked to pieces.....

In BEAN the movie a 65/66 mustang convertible features as his guest families car.

HOUSESITTER also features a red 65/66 Convertible.

The list goes on and on....

Columbo

First time '66 Mustang rolling restoration, nearing completion.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Star Man with Jeff or Beau Bridges can't remember the girl's name Karen something. She drives a 74-77 Mustang. I remember one part where they are being chased. Someone says "They're riding in a "hopped up Mustang".

66 Coupe, 302, Auto, 3.25 gears. Candyapple Red with White Pearl Stripes. Cragars.

·
1,211 Posts
I think Steven Segals movie marked for Death he drove a black 70's fastback or coupe. As I recall that
one gets smashed between two end loaders or something. Makes a grown man cry.

Later,

'66 289 2bbl. Sauterne Gold Connvertible

Shaummy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts