Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, some of you know me, many don't. I check in here now and then, but since I'm from downstate IL there isn't a whole lot for me to participate in. That's about to change, as I just got a job at the CNH tractor test facility in Burr Ridge! We'll be moving up to temporary housing in about a month, and have started looking for cheap houses. We'll probably end up in Joliet or Lockport unless a miracle occurs, but that's still close enough to start going to the cruise in's and other meetings. I've even got my wife looking for houses with 4 car garages, you'd be surpised how many there are! ::

·
1,210 Posts
Great!

There are a few of us from the south west side that try to get to some of the events. Let us know when you land!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Brian,

Welcome and look forward to meeting you at some of the events. As Paul said if you need any help with anything let us know.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! The idea of building a garage has crossed my mind...but why stop there. If I did that it would end up being a mini version of a farm machine shed! :: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Our plans will continue to evolve as we try to figure things out, but we probably won't be buying a house right away. Just too much to decide, and not something we want to jump into without being in the area for a bit. I've gotten some good advise from people in the area already and will probably be leaning on all of you over time to see what else I can glean.

machsvo428, I don't work for raterpillar, as you put it. Never heard that before, kind of funny. I work for CNH, so I am staying with my same company. It's the joint venture of Case Corp. and New Holland. Where I work now we make almost all of the farm tillage eq. for both brands as well as the DMI fertilizer product line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts