Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey… the wife and I are moving to StL… any suggestions on shops for maintenance and add ons?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don’t get close to east St. Louis. Cops are afraid to go there.

67 coupe, 289, performer intake, 302 heads, Holley 570, Pertronix II dizzy, C4, 9” rear, 3.50, 17” wheels

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I visited a small car museum in St. Louis several years ago when I was there visiting. The folks there work on and sell classic cars. I would stop by there, talk with them, look around, and ask your questions to them. I'm sure they would give you advise.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
And ammo

John
We already bought all the ammo. Good luck finding any!

There's several dyno shops in town, most are further out into the suburbs and surrounding counties though. Phase I machine shop in Crestwood has been around for decades and do decent work.

Welcome to the area!

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There's a dyno shop called Mustang Muscle in High Ridge, but they focus mostly on Fox body and newer mustangs.

Gateway Mustang about an hour outside of St Louis in Bourbon Mo has a good reputation. They focus on classics.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Ditto on East St Louis...post-apocalyptic. I think the movie "Escape From New York" was based on E. St Louis.
Lol lol lol!! So true. I attended a series company tech meetings at Scott AFB and there was some kind of affair going on in STL so we were forced to hotel basically on the same side of the river near the outskirts of E. STL. My bosses booked it didn’t know. Had to drive straight through it every day for about 3 days. It was something 🤣

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey… the wife and I are moving to StL… any suggestions on shops for maintenance and add ons?
What are you looking for? High end restoration? Routine/major maintenance?

There are several restoration shops around town. Have you ever watched 'Speed is the New Black'? Not sure if it's still in production, but that show is/was filmed at a shop here. Side note: a guy at work is having them restore a Corvair convertible.

For mechanical type repairs, there is a shop on Lindbergh in Sunset Hills. The GM has a 65/66 Mustang and they have an old school/older gentleman who works there who knows about carburetors and such. It's been a while since I've been there, he may have retired since then.

Let me know where you land. I'd be happy to give you some restaurant recommendations.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Isn't STL the home of Bigfoot?

Reactions: ChaseRoads

·
Registered
155 Posts
My son used to drive a truck to STL in the early am and he said it wasn't unusual to hear gun shots. It's in all big cities now and moving into the smaller ones as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Majority of the crime and violence is in North StL, get out in the county south or west and it is no different than anywhere else . Alot of very very nice areas . Lived here all my life , right down the street from Phase 2 machine shop. Send me PM if you need help with anything

1 - 20 of 28 Posts