Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice on MPFI for my 302. Edelbrock has what looks like a nice Pro-Flo MPFI conversion for $2500, complete kit. Holley has the Commander 950 MPFI system for about $3500 which I believe is a speed/density system like the Edelbrock. Then there is the good old Ford EEC IV computer and mass air sensor sytem. The mass-air sytem is supposed to be better for performance upgrades, anybody have any opinions or experiences with any of these sytems. I talked to a tech at Edelbrock who said superchargers are easily added to their system. He even recommended a few, so i don't know which is the best choice, I am thinking the Edelbrock.

·
Registered
680 Posts
My question is WHY. For the kind of money those set-ups cost, you could do a lot of performance upgrades that will give a lot more horsepower.....
Why not find a wrecked 5.0 Mustang, and use the roller motor and the stock F.I. system. Lots of aftermarket stuff for the stock system.....And you can find parts for cheap price to fix it.....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I second the vote to go with the ford setup. I got a good running 89 lincoln mark VII for $600. It has the 5.0 H.O. engine.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
As I have stated in previous posts on the subject, if you have $3k to spend you can find a good 91 GT complete and do the swap. If you find a wrecked car you can most likely sell what you dont use and recoup some of your investment. All future repair parts for the Ford system are as close as the local parts house and you dont have to worry about Edelbrock discontinuing support...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts