Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have one of these in your detailing bag? Amazing product. I bought an 86 Vette a couple years ago to flip, it was white and had tiny little tar/bug spots all over it, a half hour with a magic eraser and it looked like new, works better than any bug remover product I have tried. I just wet it with water, but I read you can use most any cleaning product with it. Not sure if it pulls the wax off also....works great on glass too.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I use one of those around the house all the time, but I would be afraid to use it on a nice, painted car surface. I read where it will scratch the paint. I'm not sure if it's the texture of the sponge or if they add any chemical to it that is activated when water is added, either way I would be very cautious or reluctant to use on a car with a nice paint job.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read a little about it this morning and a lot of detailers swear by it....read a little more and a lot of people say don't use it...I've used it for bugs/tar and it worked great with no issues, I wouldn't scrub my car with it though...lol

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Not too abrasive by nature but you are using water and pressure with the magic eraser. And
when it "picks" something up, it will tend to drag it on the surface.
I use them around the house all the time. Very sparingly on cars.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Use a clay bar and detailer and it will clean almost anything off your paint job.
Just follow the directions carefully. You can buy a kit almost anywhere these day.

The latest thing is these rubber coated wash mitts, does the same thing as clay bar in a 1/4 of the time. Bought one and used on wifes 2016 car. The sitting in the lot and transportation especially rail you be surprised how much junk is in the paint.

You wash the car first then use the mitt with the soapy water. Works just as good as the clay bar but way faster.

Another thing you know when you drop the clay on the floor your supposed to throw it away, this mitt if you drop it just rinse it off

Nanoskin Autoscrub Clay Wash Mitt as 016 Fine Grade Super Fast Shipping | eBay

Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts