Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I put my Crane box under the dash pad where the speakers used to hang out, heaven help me if it ever fails.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I put my Crane box under the dash pad where the speakers used to hang out, heaven help me if it ever fails.
lol, I generally don't keep a spare box around myself anyway so if it fails I'm going to be waiting for the part so I'm not near as concerned about accessibility as everyone else. I think you'll be alright :D

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mustangs to Fear has a Box for mounting ECU's in that location. you cut out a section and weld in the box so its open to the inside of the car. You could adapt the idea for the MSD module if you want to put the work in.
I have a sheet of 18 ga steel, a finger brake and shear, I could make one of those easy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My ignition box are mounted under the driver seat with 4 cable ties and the EFI box sits hidden below the glove box. Both are fairly easy to access, because they are mounted with additional wiring so they can be pulled out if you just cut the ties. It have been placed like that for some years now. I prefer electronics to be placed in a friendly climate, no heat or moisture, when possible. The factory electronics placed under the hood on modern cars, are way better sealed and boxed than a classic MSD ignition box.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts