Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a MSD Digital 6 Plus, MSD Tach adapter and MSD Boost Timing Master. I am wanting to mount this under the dash to get out of the heat and weather. The Boost Master has a dial I need access to..

Anyone have mounting I deals? I also have a serial cable for my Innovate Wideband. I was trying to avoid taking out the glove box..

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Bob,
If this image is of the correct items.
MSD Ignition 8762 - MSD Boost Timing Master Ignitions - Overview - SummitRacing.com
I would mount the unit on the firewall (interior side) up high near the center of the car.
I'd then route the wiring into the ash tray for the boost adjuster,
Maybe it could be screwed to a small piece of wood that fits snug into the ash tray.
This way it could be out of sight, but easily accessible....
Just flip down the ash tray, and it's right there.

·
Premium Member
13,182 Posts
I put some velcro under the dash directly under the cowl area. The other half of the velcro was put on the flat mounting surface of the digital 6 unit. The adhesive on the dash-side velcro wasn't strong enough and eventually I used some stronger adhesive to hold it in place. However the velcro itself has always held. Just use the super strong kind and you will be fine. I fed the wiring thru existing grommets in the firewall.

I put the tach adaptor on the inside on the lower dash lip. the adaptor is small and there was a hole already drilled on the lip (near the glove box area) for mounting.

one note: Although many have mounted a msd box inside the glove box without ill effects, msd cautions against doing so due to the lack of circulating air.

Z.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
I put some velcro under the dash directly under the cowl area. The other half of the velcro was put on the flat mounting surface of the digital 6 unit. The adhesive on the dash velcro wasn't strong enough and eventually I used some stronger adhesive to hold it in place. However the velcro itself has always held. Just use the super strong kind and you will be fine. I fed the wiring thru existing grommets in the firewall.

That's exactly how I did mine. So far, so good.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
cut four pieces of solid round stock. then drilled and tapped the pieces and welded them to the cowl.

the rev limiters are accessible if necessary by removing the glove box cable.

i'm screwed if it breaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts