Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious, which publications most of you subscribe to. I get all three and think they all have their strong points (although I prefer the first two). Anyone have their preferences?

'68 Coupe, Modified 289 w/ Holley blower
'65 Convertible (future 66 Shelby GT350 clone)
427 Cobra Replica
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I subscribe to M&F and MM. Sometimes I do pick up MI, but it's only once in a while.

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I subscribe to all three as well (although MI hasn't started yet) I probably rate them MM, M&F, MI

http://members.tripod.com/tangdar/
'67 Coupe project car (Did I say project car? I meant pile of rust)
http://www.americainter.net/~fevans/tangdar_flintstone.jpg
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i liked Mustang Monthly, to keep me informed, but i think i have outgrown them or something. I too like the VMF for "how too's " and the normal questions about the specs and all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Seems to me that all of them have sort of lost some of their appeal. At least to me. I picked up the MI in Panama City, Panama last week and enjoyed it but am noting a lot more advertising and less articles. I really like the "How To's"



THE 90/90 RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always subscribed to Mustang Monthly, although I have to admit that lately Mustangs & Fords has better tech articles, in my opinion, not to mention features on non-Mustangs that I find fascinating. Mustang Illustrated has the best quality photo pages of the 3 by far - their layouts & typeset are very impressive. Too bad the quality of their stuff is dubious sometimes...They all have their good and bad points.

Visit my repair page for Repair info, with pictures! http://home.dencity.com/mustangcub
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got to agree with the Cub! Took the words right out of my mouth. I think the only thing keeping me with MM is the editor's slant toward '71-73s.... But it is a very predictable, boring magazine.

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,287 Posts
I get MM and M&F. For the last few years both have been a quick read. I really liked MM in the 80's and early 90's

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,293 Posts
All three. But agreed that the best single source of info is the VMF where nobody has any commercial interest in mind - Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like MM and M & F, but like everyone else, I've learned A LOT here. But it's still cool to look at Stangs on the pages!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top