Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue installing one of these? Mostly not fitting properly,I just got one and wanted some input from someone that’s installed one..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have one in my car and it went right in. All I had to do was drill the holes where the upper sear belt bolts go and then at the back where it goes to the fastback window and has the trim pieces that hold the headliner up, I heated it up because it was a bit flat and I molded it more in the curvature of the roof.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Please keep us updated on this. I am trying to decide between this and the competitors. Thanks

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
No issues installing mine.
Rusty

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thumbs up. No problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Did mine by myself no problems at all, fits great!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
👍👍

·
Registered
886 Posts
Couple hints, use a telescoping tube of some sort to help hold it up in place as you fit it. second, take your wind lace and trim/remove the inside lip (the side against the headliner) but leave the other side. Its more than enough to hold the lace in place.. the headliner and sheet metal is very thick together making it difficult to push on the lace, especially if you've covered yours with material. Also get yourself a 68 interior dome light and wire it into the door triggers. It'll help to hold the liner up, looks good, and functions. Last, fit, trim, fit again, use a heat gun to help mold into place, fit, trim, heat, a hundred-million times. It'll come together, and it'll look great.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I'm far from making this decision but can anyone post pictures of the one piece headliner?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I have heard the A-pillar trim pieces for the MTF headliner don't fit well, but that is purely hearsay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple hints, use a telescoping tube of some sort to help hold it up in place as you fit it. second, take your wind lace and trim/remove the inside lip (the side against the headliner) but leave the other side. Its more than enough to hold the lace in place.. the headliner and sheet metal is very thick together making it difficult to push on the lace, especially if you've covered yours with material. Also get yourself a 68 interior dome light and wire it into the door triggers. It'll help to hold the liner up, looks good, and functions. Last, fit, trim, fit again, use a heat gun to help mold into place, fit, trim, heat, a hundred-million times. It'll come together, and it'll look great.
did you use the tmi or the mtf ? Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts