Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 67 Fastback that has a solid valance under the rear bumper with the exhaust system left hanging at the mufflers. I'd like to convert this to a dual exhaust (read good things about Dynomax Super Turbos) and MU has a rear valance with the GT cutouts. Has anyone used this or has anyone cut the solid valance or just run the tips under the solid piece?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My car used to have the dual exhaust tips running out from under the standard valence and it looked fine. Then I smooshed that valence and replaced it with a NOS GT valence, which accents the dual quads nicely. The cutouts have an accented lip, they're not just cut out like you're thinking of doing. I'd say extend the tips out under the standard valence (especially if its orginal) but dont' try cutting it. Or go ahead and get a GT valence.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Sorry - don't know how they fit, but I'm just so pleased to know that my new rear valance, a '65/66 with rear backup lights and GT holes, is in my possession. I haven't trial fited it yet, and I bought it from NPD. Just had to "trumpet" my new part!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
FWIW, I bought a NOS GT valance from Kevin Marti. He asks $150, if I recall correctly, which is much more than the repro I know. But, it did fit with no problems.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I have a repro GT rear valence and it is horrible. The cut outs are rough. I have since found a used original that was not all bashed up. I'm much happier with having to do a little work, than to buy an outright piece of crap. Just my 0.2.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hear those sirens in the background??? It's the TASTE police!!!! Don't just snug the dual tip extensions under the standard valance, that looks like backyard huckabuck chico-&-the-man garbage. Repro valances are dirt cheap, get the right unit. O.K., I've done all I can do here, car 54 back to base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts