Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a muffler shop to install a new 2 1/4" exhaust from the headers back on my 1968 Coupe (302 / C4). (So I can get it back on the road and start prepping the '67 to receive a roll cage ;)
Anybody know of a good shop in the Northern Virginia (Fairfax / Chantilly) area that does good work, will do things the way you ask them to, and don't want your 401K in exchange for the work? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Red '67 Coupe / 289 bored-stroked to 306 / toploader 4spd / 8" Currie Ent. 3.80:1 rear / lowered front A arms / 620 lb springs / etc..
Used for drive-in nights and open track days!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know of any specific shops, but I would say look for a shop that specializes in Hot Rods - they can usually whip out great exhaust systems in no time, for a decent price. I had my convertible done by one of these places and I was very happy with it.

Visit my repair page for Repair info, with pictures! http://home.dencity.com/mustangcub

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Ya know, Midlife used to live in NOVA and I think he knows of a couple of places. Send him a private msg.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
My recommendation is to contact Ellswick and Sons in Manassas on 28 or 29 (I forget...it's the first exit past Chantilly) towards Manassas. They are a mom/pop repair shop, and they do a lot of racing/vintage stuff. They could do it or make a recommendation.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts