Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after pulling the heads off of my 302, pulling all the accessorys off the engine, I changed the lifters and pushrods, made sure everything was okay, and put it all back together. That knocking sound is gone..... and I posted a while back about a squeeking noise comming from my chasiss. Well, I decided I needed new rear shocks anyway, so I went with air ajustibles. After a trip to the hospital to stich up a flesh wound, I got them on. Aired them up, jumped up and down in the car...... NO MORE SQUEEK! I thought it was somthing to do with the front a-arms..... but I guess it was the old worn out shocks on the rear. Im so happy. The car has been infected with that awful squeek ever since ive had it. The car is really shaping up now. I will post pics soon, and I have most of it put back together.

Thanks for all your help and advice in the past.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
nothing worse then pulling into a place and trying to look cool..and sounding like an empty oil can..*LOL* glad you found it

G

·
i had the most abnoxious squeeks until i replaced my front suspension & steering parts. man, was that embarrassing!
glad yours was a simple fix (hope your flesh wound was a simple fix as well).

·
Registered
916 Posts
hehe I know what you mean by the squeeks! Recently a very loud squeek started up in my driver's side suspension...boy is that embarassing. If anyone is around I have to hit the gas so the mufflers will cover up the squeek /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Yeah Ive replaced front and rear suspension, shocks. Lubed everything. Still goes squeek squeek. Im getting irritated with the sound of it. I guess flowmaster 40's are the only solution left for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts