Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I was at the 35th & 40th -- so no need to talk me into going -- count me there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ok - the goal for completion of my car is now march of 2009... i can do that (maybe)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Excellent! Not too far from us Texans!

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Three loooong days for me, but I sure know the way really well. I just hope I have others traveling with me, but if not, I'll go anyway.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
But which car will you bring?

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
I've been thinking about that for some time, and have decided to bring the coupe. My fastback was at the 40th, and I registered my coupe for the 35th show, but then had to fly in due to time. Besides, how many original owner first generation models are likely to be there? ;)

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Yes, I am the original owner of my coupe, not my father, and, I have the paperwork to prove it. ;)

I just plotted out my route to the show and decided to make it four easier days--Tucson to Van Horn, TX to Weatherford, TX to Vicksburg, MS to Birmingham. Hope I'll be able to join up with some others along the way. Don't worry, I can haul my trailer to keep up with the crowd, just ask aslan. :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is great! i live about 1 1/2 hour drive from there.hopefully my 66 will be ready by then. i went to the 40th in Nashville and absolutely loved it.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Laurie,

Please accept my apology. Years ago I thought I'd read somewhere that your Dad had passed the car onto you.

Selective memory I guess...

What's more likely to be the case is that in my minds eye, I envision you in your mid 40's. How could you possibly be the original owner of a 39 year old car... you'd of been 6 or 7 when you bought it....

Dave

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Dog years. :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts