Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429

Price : $9,000 US

This is what the ad says....you need to look at this car...this has got to be a scam....look at the guys history....no car stuff....now all of a sudden he has this $ 40-50k car for only 9k??
Sounds like the Nigerian Scammers again
pass it on Ad for Boss 429

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is even better than the Eleanor listing. I'd guess this might be a hijacked account - it takes a lonnngggg time to accumulate a 460 rating, and yer right, no car history at all.

I have no idea what the "$9,000" means - there's no Buy It Now option. The .es email address is nominally Spain, I think.

Bid away, buckaroos, bid away. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just e-mailed the guy to ask if I could inspect the car. Here's his response...almost word for word the same as several scam listings lately.

"Hello!
First of all I will tell you a few things about the car :it is fully restored and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident.
The motor runs very well. This is a clasic car that has a lot of the original parts and the tires are almost new. The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.
I am a double citizen french-american and I have this car from an american friend who was to rich and snob to appreciate its real value . He gave it to me for free , not in a very good condition ,and it took me months and some 3,000 US $ to restore it in a mechanic friend garage . Now , because I need the money and because I can obtain at least a 6,000 US $ profit, I am selling it .
As you probably understood the car is now in France and I am willing to sell it and shipp it to any of the UE countries or to US.I will not ship to any African,Asian or Eastern European countries.
I want to sell the car asap so I am willing to pay the shipping fees no matter the location.
I require a deposit of 3000 USD, with the balance when the car arrive at
your shipping door.
The total price i hope to sell this car is 9,000 USD .
I will shipp using KLM 3-5 days, by plane to the nearest airport. From there a truck will bring the car at your door. The money is a reservation for the car.
First one who makes the deposit will be the buyer.I need the deposit to be sure that you want the car and in order to proceed with shipping and all the aditional export taxes.
I wait your further questions and i will provide any infos you need.
Thank you
Regards"

Seems like there are a lot of people who just give their Mustangs to their friends or relatives :)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Try writing to the guy and ask him to send you a picture of him standing next to the car holding a sign saying "boss 429" on it and he will write back and say he has no way of taking another picture. Thats what he did to me.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Ebay yanked the Listing......

K

·
0 Posts
Scam? Nah.....go ahead send him the $9,000.

Oh and then you will be ready for your next lesson in life. ::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts