Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had it. I'm selling off all that I have...everything. Over the last couple of months, I've gotten to where I just have no desire to work on a Mustang any more. So, I am getting out. I'm sure I will have a vintage Mustang again in the future, but for now, I'm done.

I will still have a project to work on, but its a 69 Ford F100 truck. I bought my dad a truck and I've enjoyed working on it so much that I got one for myself.

Also, I am trading in my 2001 F150 Supercrew truck for a 2003 GT Convertible (white). So, I will still have my Mustang, but just not an old one.

Take care all. It's been nice knowing you. I will still visit from time to time, I'm sure. Thanks Bob for all that you do/did.

Kevin Sykes

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Kevin,

I hope you are not serious. There are too many stangs in your area. Us northerners need those solid southern cars and parts. Remember, you've got my number if any more of those "awesome deals" come up.

Take care of yourself and the family, and keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad,

I am serious. I know of one more 67 fastback, but I'm keeping it a secret for when I get the desire to come back to the hobby.

Take care.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kevin--Keep lurking and throw a OT post every now and then--This is a great family--They kept me sane while I was in Afghanistan--I'll always be grateful for that and will help any one that say's "VMF" to me--

·
Registered
586 Posts
"It's your thang, do what you wanna do. I can't tell ya, who sock it too" good luck and hope to see you back here. like he said give us an OT post every now and then.

Preston
Future NASCAR Chevy Killer & The Lord of the Dance

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
kevin dont go i want to be able to pick on ya next year when uk beats your miss. st. boys again besides you will still have your new mustang

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know where you're coming from. Perhaps you're tired of the problems/issues that accompany a 40 year vehicle, maybe you realize there are more important things in life than that piece of metal in the garage....who knows!! But I can tell you, I've been there too -- in a number of different forms. I've owned my 68 vert for 28 years and have been fortunate that when I got sick of it I could throw a cover over it for a year or two. Then you'd see a nice Mustang and decide to begin again. Hang in there

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll make a point to come back when MSU plays Kentucky in basketball.....go State!

Notice, I didn't mention football. We will suck at best in football.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kevin,
Sorry to hear that. I'm still in the early stages of Mustang lust with having mine only three years. If you want, seeing that I'm here in Huntsville too, maybe I can put some feelers out there for you as far as selling the car. I know a lady at work whose husband owns a couple. He may know somebody who is interested. Just give me a yell if you'd like me to check.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,754 Posts
Kevin, Thanks for all your help in the past, I.D.-ing and tracking down correct parts for my 68. You have been a big help.

Just yesterday, I was thinking along the lines of selling my 68 and taking a break for a while also. Maybe something is in the air.

Best of luck with your p/u project.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I went through the burnout phase recently and spent time looking at kit Cobra's. Thankfully my wife knows my fickle ways and forbid me from ever selling the 66. I'm starting to get the fever again. Bottom line...hold on to what you have!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, and thanks for not letting me down either. You're reply just makes my decision all the more clear.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kevin,
If all else fails and you still want to sell, put a copy of Gone in 60 Seconds and you won't have to contemplate anything else. That's how I got the bug to buy one ::

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Hey, we'll miss you! Hope you come back soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts