Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there not a published registry, I belong to Boss 302 registry I know other people have boss 302 cars and where most of these cars are I also belong to tiger club,shelby club,bricklin club, and the same is likewise with all of these clubs.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Big Al said:
Why is there not a published registry, I belong to Boss 302 registry I know other people have boss 302 cars and where most of these cars are I also belong to tiger club,shelby club,bricklin club, and the same is likewise with all of these clubs.
Why??

Because there is not many owners so printing a registry would not even cover the cost of printing ... plus the thing would only about 10 pages (since there are only about 20 identified owners).

All the other groups you mention have hundreds - thousands of members/participants. Many/most of the smaller registries do not publish.

Hope this explains the situation. Is there a reason for your interest in this vehicles. Glad you used your first post for this purpose.... your profile is entertaining ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I have a fiberfab front end, but I cannot find a number anywhere on it......Mike U>

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Mtrain said:
I have a fiberfab front end, but I cannot find a number anywhere on it......Mike U>

Great

Is it a reproduction or an original front end?

Mike send me an email and I'll see if I can help as well as get some info from and too you.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
If you do a Google search, some place still makes them, but it is unclear. From the web site, seems they only show it to be a one piece front end. No separite hood to open.....Too bad, I'd consider putting one on my coupe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big Al can be very amusing ,It is funny that a Registry was started back in 1985 I think it must be located at area 51, or the bermuda triangle, or it is dangling out in the twilight-zone, because , now I hear there are now 20 Fiberfab front ends, it is not a dead Registry with 6 more cars being found I have not asked for 1 cent to be spent for any publications , instead all you have to do is post 20 people names and there cars and at least what State they are in Big has one in Alabama is that so expensive!!

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
How about simply saying to Jeff: "Jeff, thanks for your answer. I have a Fiberfab. How can I find out who the others are so we can swap information?"

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Is that what he was trying to say? I didn't understand any of it. :loco:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Roddster said:
If you do a Google search, some place still makes them, but it is unclear. From the web site, seems they only show it to be a one piece front end. No separite hood to open.....Too bad, I'd consider putting one on my coupe.
Heres the link to the repros on this front end VFN

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for trying to help the newbie out. Big Al is just not a very good dancer when someone is dancing around the issue The Fiberfab E/T Mustang Registry has been in existance since 1985 and still we do not really know anything about ehereabouts of these cars or owners? Thank you Big Al

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Al, just like with Shelbys, some owners think there is some other reason, other than "wanting to know" for the registry. So they will NOT register their cars.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Awareness of a registry is an issue. I owned one for a short time in 1990-1991 which I sold to someone just north of Des Moines Iowa. No idea of the VIN on the car other than it was a 64 1/2 coupe. The new owner was going to put it on his fastback that needed a complete front clip, so the VIN is irrelevant.

As for the registry, I have read everything Mustang I could get my hands on since around 1982, never knew a Fiberfab registry existed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To Jeff Speegle and the mustang forum I have found a major typo ,I need to correct I first found out about the Fiberfab E/T Mustang Registry in the July 1995 Mustang &Fords monthly issue on the front cover is a picture of Mr. Speegles car RARE MUSTANGS! THE FIBERFABS on the Title page, I am sorry for the mistake,. now you not only know that I have a Big Mouth but Big fingers also. Thank you Big Al.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
:popcorn:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There has been a reporting that there are 20 identified Fiberfab fronts, the one you have,Dans HEMI_STANG, a yellow convertible in georgia , I believe that is Lee Wilmonts car which I believe has been sold ,Mtraine and Big Al car There one other fastback on the internet which is white with a narrow black stripe down the length of the car, the white car being included that make 6 IDENTIFIED? Where are the other 14?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote "is there a reason for your interest in this vehicle" For the same reply by me " is there a reason for me joining VINTAGE MUSTANG FORUM " YES to find out more about the cars I own, to troubleshoot problems, to get help from others, new ideas ,new products, ETC, and SO ON.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Big Al said:
Quote "is there a reason for your interest in this vehicle" ...........
Sir I believe you answered the question above when you indicated that you believe you own one of these cars. As for names of all the last know owners I don't have permission to share those, especially in a public forum.

I've attempted to keep track of both confirmed (cars we have pictures and sometimes owners of) and unconfirmed (stories of cars but no real evidence that they ever existed) over the years. It has not been uncommon to go five or more years without a new discovery then we turn around and there are two or three new stories or actual cars found.

At the same time have attempted to track the reproduction also.... no easier of a task.

Would be interested in talking so unless you call me in the next couple of evenings I will give the number I have for you. Would be interested in seeing some pictures of both yours and your friend's car.

In closing I do not normally check this area of the site very often ... so I have miss some earlier (might have been a good idea overall) posts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Big Al is continuing,because I am not going to close,(It might have been a good idea overall ,if you had missed all of them)you have been no help at all, with or without pictures , with or without a personal contact by phone? Post# 1826416 read it again, I did not ask for names Big Al identified 6 cars that I know of, "where are the other 14 " you have the records "SIR" you say you do not give out that information, but Big Al knows better.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.