Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Primemedia has often received a thumbs down but this issue was very good. A nice mix of articles from the floor repair to the "Swap It" article. Also enjoyed the "Midnight Auto Supply" article. Good car features, heavy on Mustang but good. Think that Jeff Ford was a good shot in the arm for the mag! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree. Good issue. Funny you should bring up this subject about Ford magazines. I was just at my local news stand last night tearing through the pages of some mustang magazines and was frustrated to see tons of stuff on late model stangs and thats all. Don't get me wrong, I love the new stuff and own a couple of fox bodies myself. But I want to see a magazine that focuses soley on 64 1/2 through 73 mustangs as well as the old galaxies, torinos, fairlanes etc.
Everything on my news stand has cover to cover new stuff.
Lets start seeing more classic iron between the pages.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i agree too much late model stuff,but i also like the late models,hmmmmm maybe someday someone will bring balance back to the force :0)

i'll have to check out the new mag. i havn't got mine yet.

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
I'd have to agree on the late model stuff in the vintage mags. You don't see vintage stuff in the late model mags, do you?

I'm thinking that the vintage magazines are running out of fresh content, so are having to expand to late model as filler. This does not help the magazine, IMHO.

I've got nothing against the late model cars or fox bodied cars. I think they are just fine. They just aren't vintage.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Which issue, August? September?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yelostang,
I wrote the "Midnight Auto" article. Glad you liked it! It was a fun one to write. I haven't seen the issue yet so I don't know how it comes out. Jeff is doing a bang up job - he deserves a lot of credit!

Dave ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts