Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is running pretty well. It goes through a bit of oil but I think this is because I damaged the rings a bit by not using the proper precautions when it was started for the first time after sitting for a while...oh well.

After spending about four hours putting new upholstery on the panels to the left and right of the back seat I still haven't been able to button up the interior because I haven't gotten my passenger side quarter window regulator that is on backorder from Mustangs Unlimited.

Thanks to theboogins for supplying me with the workspace and emotional support /forums/images/icons/smile.gif to do a great job on the upholstery. It was the first time I had done it and it did turn out great. I spent four hours doing it and it saved me $90 that I was quoted.

I still have some little things that need to get fixed on the car:
1- The gas guage doesn't work.
2- The temperature guage doesn't work.
3- The emergency brake isn't functional. I'm missing the equalizer lever.

I figured that if there was someone around that could attend to these things it may be worth it to just drop it off and pick it up all fixed up. That would be nice.

Boogins, Motorhead, got any good suggestions? What do you guys have going on today?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Most of the guys I know are lousy mechanics but I do know of one good one. Call me at work tomorrow and I'll see if I can't find his card. 770-475-8101 or tonight 770-740-8703

The other alternative is Don Wilmot, I think it is, at Vintage Mustang in Decatur. He's done a lot of motor's in his day.

I'd love to experiment with a 6 banger, bring it over and we can tear into it together-just kidding.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Gordon does indeed do exceptional work. I first met him when he had just quit his old job to go into Mustang restoring full time. It looks like his shop has gotten a lot busier since we met.

I would imagine he is months if not years booked up. But he is one of the best.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
sorry, i can't help. I do all my own repairs and i'm not for hire. However i've been known to help for beer.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Hey Dan,

Good to see ya posting (or maybe I have not been watching the lost too close!).
You might want to call Steve's Auto Repair (or something along that line..) in Duluth. They worked on my friend's Mach 1 and are top notch. Mustang's Unlimited refers people to them all the time.

Mike

·
Registered
330 Posts
The gas and temp gauge may just be the voltage regulator in the dash. Cheap part to try and a very easy part to replace. It has went bad on both my 65 Stang and my 61 T Bird.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I forgot, Call Schweitzers Auto on Buford Hiway, they are pretty good motor guys-It's in Duluth-I have his card at the office, call me there.

J. Boggs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts