Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many details to post, but.... While at work, (we are entering the "off season" so things are slowing down considerably), I got the slotted 14 x 6 aluminum mag wheels I bought from the 'want ads' side of the VMF. Really nice wheels and the guy I worked with was excellent! Overall, the perfect transaction. Nice thing is the wheels fit perfectly over the granada brakes without having to grind off corners of the calipers, or worrying about troublesome backspacing issues. Plus, slotted mags will look cool on the '65 coupe, IMHO. As far as era correct vintage wheels, I love the old slotted mags! Along with torque thrusts, magnum 500's , cragers, etc, etc....

Also got the front suspension kit from Laurel Mountain Mustang. I was impressed with the speed of shipping for a money order. They didn't send the idler arm, (but didn't charge) so I will inspect mine to see if it's worth saving. The rest of the parts seem to be of high quality, and I'm looking forward to installing them...especially with the midolyne bushings.

Got the car in the shop after a many month hiatus. Retrieved it from my brother's garage, (really needs a wash job). My co-worker and I laid under the floors and inspected the bottom for the subframe connector materials I'll get tommorrow. We will weld up a set, then install them before proceeding ahead with the front suspension reassembly.

Too much to do all the sudden, but I'm more excited than when we jamb painted. At last, the car will finally start resembling a 65 Mustang Coupe!!!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sounds like you finally get what you deserved, some time for the Stang!!

Enjoy and keep up the good mood!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Geez I wish I was closer so I could come play,,this is the most exciting time in the mustang resto process in my opinion,,It is when you accually get to install parts not take them off to weld grind remove rust or paint,,AHHHH ,, ENVY is taking over I gotta go- have fun Dan

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Is this where I interject some witty thing about the wisdom of putting subframe connectors on an "unloaded" car? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just kidding! Glad to hear that you're moving beyond trailer status and having fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts