Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

A Happy New Year from Afghanistan. I just joined up and already see some seasoned Ford gurus who was can lend a helping hand. I have a 67 FB auto that came with some options. I would like to complete it with a 6000 rpm that is not connected, rear window defogger panel and shelby tail light assembly and the seat frame shield. I have the panel for the tail lights. I am seeking the simple and best way using my wiring harness to connect it. I came across Tony Branda and they have one part (Wire115) that is not original but eliminate a mess back there. I dont know if this will help or not. My Tach is there but not connected. I came across a Thread where it shows how to connect it and like to see the link. My FB did not come with the rear window defogger. To be honest, I find a good picture of it up close and in different angles, I might fabricate my own. I am interested in have it working with the switch, but just having the panel would make it appealing to other FB owners. I am sure Scott Drake will one day come up with it as they did with the 67 Center Console. My seats had at one time the Seat Frame Shield. I found a repro with National Parts Depot. They offer the pair but not the stainless steel trim that goes with it. I just have the driver side. Like to find the passenger and make it complete. Anyone out here with some info, I thank you for it. Please feel free to ask any questions that I might be able to help you out with.

Staff Sergeant Gonzalez
US Army (Active 17 yrs)
Forward Operating Base Airborne, Afghanistan
2010-2011

·
Registered
36,825 Posts
I have a 67 FB auto that came with some options. I would like to complete it with a 6000 rpm that is not connected, rear window defogger panel and shelby tail light assembly and the seat frame shield. I have the panel for the tail lights. I am seeking the simple and best way using my wiring harness to connect it. I came across Tony Branda and they have one part (Wire115) that is not original but eliminate a mess back there. I dont know if this will help or not.
There are at least three different ways to do this, all with pre-packaged wiring ready to go.

My Tach is there but not connected.
The factory tach is dead easy, the lead coming from the switch plugs to it, and the the tach plugs to the wire going into the wiring harness. You can see that wire here:

My FB did not come with the rear window defogger. To be honest, I find a good picture of it up close and in different angles, I might fabricate my own. I am interested in have it working with the switch, but just having the panel would make it appealing to other FB owners.
IIRC, no 67 FB did, that appeared in 68. Very rare, I've never seen one in person, only photos.

I am sure Scott Drake will one day come up with it as they did with the 67 Center Console.
Drake sells them, but I'm not sure they are the mfr.

My seats had at one time the Seat Frame Shield. I found a repro with National Parts Depot. They offer the pair but not the stainless steel trim that goes with it. I just have the driver side. Like to find the passenger and make it complete.
Check with Glazier/Nolan, I think they have a couple of used 67 RH deluxe seats. Just no lefts to go with them.

Anyone out here with some info, I thank you for it. Please feel free to ask any questions that I might be able to help you out with.

Be careful out there, shipmate, we need you back here to finish your project.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
22GT

Thank you for the positive input. When I said it was not connected I did not mention this tach is not part of the cluster. The owner before me tried to install in but found out the wiring harness was not made for it. I have a 200 cid in the car. A rare item to see alot of things in this FB. So there fore I need to look at the article which shows how to connect the Tach using the existing harness or make some purchases to not splice in it. I did hear the wire harness behind the cluster can stay the same. I understand the headlight and alternator harness can be replaced to make the transition smoother. As the defogger goes, I did hear from some seniors the panel was installed into a 67 FB but of course the 68 FB was prob at a junkyard when parts where in surplus. Try finding one now. Most are picked clean. By chance who is Glazier/Nolan? I never heard of them before. Do they have a link? If so let me get it so I can check out their web site.

Thanks

Lewis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts