Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one of these cars forsale locally for real cheap. Does anyone know anything about the swap? Can you actually just use the stuff off the car or do you need a kit to do it? Is it worth it? I have all new front suspension with granada brakes. Is there a site where someone actually swapped it striaght from another car and not from a kit? I would appriciate any info on the swap. Thanks, Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its a 78 4banger if anyone wants to know or if it helps you help me.
Thanks, Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while I at it I should take advantage of gaining post's. When do I get promoted to tire kicker? Thanks again, Tim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not too informed about it but have been doing some research. i know that u can get the crossmember to fit just about anycar u want for about 400 bucks, from there all the mustang II suspension should go on, but im not certain about transfering a crossmember from one car to the other

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The kits just make it easier because you have to cut out the shock towers and weld in something that the rack can be bolted to. The M IIs strut rods are mounted behind the front wheels opposed to front of the wheels in our vintage 'Stangs. This means welding a pair of strut rod mounts too. Can be done without a kit but it'll take a lot of measuring.

My humble obs,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts