Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad for Heidt't Mustang II Independant Front Suspension for our early Mustangs. But it has front rack and pinion steering. It may require a rear sump pan, but I am not sure..

The best part is the economy setup is $1629.00 For the complete set up! Of course there are options!!!!

Looks like a good deal!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Whoa there, back up the pony, where can I get information on this setup? I've been looking for a long time and have never heard about Rod an dCustom. Do they have a webpage? Thanks. Also, if you install one of these coilover setups, can you take off the shocktowers and have flat engine compartment aprons, giving you more room in the engine bay? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Fatman Fabricators might have a better 'mousetrap'. Their front end kit uses modern (1994-02) Mustang suspension parts w/o welding. Check out the latest issue of SuperRod.

G

·
I just was at the Hot Rod Nationals here in Louisville. Heidt had a pretty big exhibit there. They did have several different IFS for Mustang II, but they also had one there for 65-67 Mustangs. It was roughly $1400..disc brakes..whole 9 yards.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got the R&C setup. Car's not done, but I like it so far.

·
Registered
967 Posts
The fatman kit looks really cool since it is a bolt in affair. The problem is they do not have pricing yet nor do they have a kit or an intentions to build a kit for the later model classics. Right now it will only work on the 64.5 to 66 stangs. The tech guy I spoke with this past wednesday said I should call back in about 2 weeks and talk to the Fatman about the later model classics.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Here's more grist for the rumor mill. According to the Fatman rep, the 67-68 kit might be available in November. Also, pricing would be in the $750-1K range.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does Fatman have a website?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts