Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 honeygold HT and it has white pney interrior with white door panels and a white center console and green carpet. My question is i think that the interrior has been modified or changed over the years. Can anybody tell me what color my seats, door panels, carpet, sunvisors, head liner, and paint on the dash and inside of the doors should be?
on my vin plates it has the Code "F8" for the interrior, and I believe that it means that the interrior is White with Ivy gold appt. on pony interrior.
so what do you think?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Your carpet and dashpad are green. All the other items you mentioned are white. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
you are right about your int. parchment w/ ivy gold luxury is what f 8 is hope that helps. ::

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
The salesman fact book- "Illustrated Facts Book-Compiled By The Editors Of Mustang Monthly Magazine" has listed parchment instead of white on some 65 interiors. That error has been around for over 20 years and believe it is still in the books being re-printed. Parchment started in '66. F-8 is white, not parchment.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hope the answers given aren't too confusing. Mine is the F8 interior also. It is white, and the dash pad and carpets are ivy gold (green). It's not a real pretty green on the dash, but then mine is original. The carpets were new 10 years ago, and that color doesn't look so bad. But let there be no doubt that ivy gold is a shade of green!

I saw in one of the catalogs where one of the suppliers now have the ivy gold dash pad, I think it was CJ Ponyparts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts