Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there is going to be a big gathering at Gas Monkey Live beginning at 11 am.

Invasion.jpg

·
Registered
912 Posts
They had some other custom/classic car show a month or so ago, turned out 90% late model and of that 80% was dodge related. Will probably check it out, but yea....mostly late model. If I am a betting man in Vegas, doubt the show could even touch the Legacy State Bank Shelby show. Will check it out, hope it better than we think. At the show I went to a month or so ago, no show members or anything.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that it will most likely be late model cars, but I've seen some of the folks posting on the Facebook page saying that they are bringing their classics. That said, I've found worse ways to spend an afternoon.

I'll most likely be in a late model for two reasons:
1.) My 66 is still in roughly 400 pieces.
2.) It will be my Dad's 97 Cobra vert with 40k on the clock. He just had a full knee replacement and isn't comfortable driving it just yet but wants to get out of his house for a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I plan on being there with my '65 restomod. I should get it back any day now with a newly installed 347 stroker and AOD, provided there are no problems.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up not being able to make it as I received a panic call from my best friend as I was about to head down there. His 64 Vette broke down and I went to help him on the side of the road instead.

·
Registered
776 Posts
HEY HEY! THAT MAROON VERT IS MINE!!!!! was pretty amazed how many cars there were and most people were pretty cool. Some kid on the way home on 30 in the mixmaster pulled up next to me and dumped the clutch and almost wrecked tying to show off. rolled by that kid (now sitting sideways on the highway) with the look my dad used to give me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts