Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done business with Mustang Magic in Fremont, CA? I'm thinking of having Paul George put my interior back together. He's got a small shop with four or so bays and a small showroom/parts counter. He runs the shop with his wife, no employees. We talked for half an hour, and he seemed like a nice guy who would do good work. Instead of charging by the hour, he quote on the whole job, not including additional parts and incidentals.

I drove my 67 30min to his shop this past Saturday. It was my first drive in five years!! I checked all my vitals, brought some tools, water, cell phone, and a fire extinguisher... Only a minor coolant leak at the filler neck, which I'll get fixed this week.

WHAT A RUSH IT WAS TO DRIVE!!! I forgot what it feels like to drive a V8!!! Even though the exterior isn't completely together, I was turning lots of heads.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 2/28/01
</font color=blue>

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Congrats on getting it on the round trip. I'm sure you can't wait to get it out again in what ever condition the interior is in. John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's all legal with plates, registration, and insurance. I'm thinking about driving her to work, even though she's bare inside... It was such a RUSH to drive!!!

1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
1968 PDB, Corbeau
WEBSITE UPDATED 2/28/01
</font color=blue>

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea that 5 gallon bucket can be hard on the butt! John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Though I have yet to do business with him, I did meet him at the annual car show at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills last year. He was very helpful with a hood hinge alignment problem I was having at the time. If he runs his business like he gives asdvice, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. By the way, where are you in San Jose? I'm in Willow Glen.

67 Vintage Burgandy 390GTA with most of the bells and whistles

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey neighbor!!

I live in the Blossom Hill / Almaden Expwy vicinity. I work by Knowles / Winchester.

Thanks for the reference, I feel better about MM now. BTW, he's got some nice 68s at his shop.

1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
1968 PDB, Corbeau
WEBSITE UPDATED 2/28/01
</font color=blue>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts