Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know a good mechanic in texas hopefully close to houston to work on my 1968 ford mustang convertible. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,586 Posts
Shop manual
Basic tool set
Feeler gauge
Timing light
This board

You can handle most Everything yourself, these cars are so very basic.

Try it,.......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can't really vouch for their work but my car's previous owner had some work done in 2012-14 at:

Surefire Mustang Restorations
14909 Beatty Dr.
Humble Texas 77396
713-447-8264

Things are still working...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree with Israel. I couldn’t afford a mechanic so I bought the book and some tools along the way. Over the years I now have an awesome of tools, a tool cabinet as tall as you and have learned a lot through this forum!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I live in Iola texas, about 100 miles North of Houston, What you needing done, Been working on the 67/68 Mustangs for 20 years.I know alot, But never say I know it all. I have [2] 68 convertibles been restoring 1 of them as we speak.E-mail if you want to talk about yours, [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
9,586 Posts
I agree with Israel. I couldn’t afford a mechanic so I bought the book and some tools along the way. Over the years I now have an awesome of tools, a tool cabinet as tall as you and have learned a lot through this forum!
These cars are So easy to work on,.....learning couldn’t be Any easier.

·
Premium Member
11,471 Posts
The "mechanics" of a '68 Mustang are simple. Replacing rusted sheet metal is a different story.
Has the OP actually seen the extent of the rust problem?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Lots of members in Texas, but we need pics to understand the extent of problems. Got several 68s, so can give a good guess. If u are needing a shop for major restoration, we can advise there as well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts