Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I enjoyed the new issue (I think....I bought it on the newstand a couple weeks ago), highlighting the college grad who rebuilt the old scrap heap junker 67 coupe into a beautiful white show stopper.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
That sure is a lot better than the 3 minutes it takes to read Mustang Times! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Laurie, your comments are inappropiate as a BOD for MCA.
Never should you put down enthusiasts or volunteers in your
field of fun. You should really consider leaving your position with this kinda of attitude! I recommend it.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Oh gee, I wonder which lurker this is. As you well know, Mustang Times is not produced by volunteers. The editor is paid $28,000 a year to produce this fine piece of literature and the technical articles cost $500 each. The magazine costs approximately $25 of the yearly $30 dues each member pays. It should, and could be, a whole lot better. It used to be much better years ago, in fact.

As I have said before, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and I have expressed mine. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

No, I have no intention of resigning from the board, and I have no intention of being quiet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Laurie , you should not put anyone down, and yes Smart was hired along time ago, but let go for lack of, and now you and him are trying the very best to be destructive. and you should be working the shows which are important, not just sending malicious emails.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
First of all, free speech is one of the rights guaranteed under our Constitution, so I will continue to speak out as I see fit. Second, I have not "put anyone down" as you say, but have expressed my personal feelings and beliefs. If you and others don't like it, you may also continue to say so. We'll never agree, except to agree that we're at opposite ends. Third, not only have I not sent malicious e-mails, any e-mail I have sent has been to specific persons with whom I have ongoing discussions. If you don't like the language in them, don't read them--after all, they weren't sent to you.

Fourth, when the shows come out to the west coast, I'll work them as I did at our National in 1998. The committees I serve on do work that primarily is needed other than at shows. I've brought in at least 20 new members to MCA and am working with three clubs on submitting on three National show applications. I'm not about to take on others' jobs at shows, especially after having to travel 1,500 miles to Pensacola, or 2,200 miles to Charlotte one-way. That's a job in itself. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
317 Posts
I enjoyed the new issue (I think....I bought it on the newstand a couple weeks ago), highlighting the college grad who rebuilt the old scrap heap junker 67 coupe into a beautiful white show stopper.
Mustang Monthly!
Where R U getting that from?
I was a subscriber for decades, but I thought they stopped publishing several years ago, as did Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding and CarCraft, etc.
I sure would like to be a subscriber again!

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
797 Posts
Mustang Monthly!
I was a subscriber for decades, but I thought they stopped publishing several years ago, as did Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding and CarCraft, etc.
Again as noted above, OLD threads you are pulling up lol. Hot Rod is still published. I have been a subscriber since 1980 and have every issue...I know sad

Chris

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Mustang Monthly!
ROTFLMAO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.