Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang Monthly will no longer be in print. Along with 18 other magazines. I stopped my subscriptions a few years ago when I realized I had read all the articles online already.

·
Dimples
5,666 Posts
That's sad, but it is the way of things. I'm sure I've read thousands of pages of that mag over the last 25+ years, but print media is dying. There's a ton of great content online, and there will continue to be.

End of an era though for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Just sat down in a chiropractor's office and noticed, as expected, everyone is looking at a phone rather than the pile of magazines on a pair of centered tables. Just as well. I've rarely been to a doctor office or to get a hair cut when they had anything I wanted to read. Mmmpsh.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Bummer.

I still like to have the printed magazines. But I’ll keep subscribing if they deliver via an app or something with a decent reading experience.

Don’t want to miss my buddy Mark’s articles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Well, I have all of them from the 1st 2 issues that were not even Mustang Monthly, to almost present. My subscription lapsed this year. I guess I need to find the last few issues and finish the set and put it to bed.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Until a September I had almost all MM from issue 3 through to about 2003. My wife and I are down sizing so wanted to give them away. I had trouble giving them away. One young man told me he can find any info he wants on the internet. My son with a 2 old Mustangs didn't want them. I gave them to a middle aged guy finally.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am really, really, really sad about this. Not Mustang Monthly so much as Car Craft. I have been a subscriber since 19... something. I have gotten more practical ideas from that mag than anything else. It really went to **** though when they let Jeff Smith go who provided the best practical tech. He may not be a Ford guy but he was the greatest tech guy.

Well at least we have Woodchuck on this site!

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
I am really, really, really sad about this. Not Mustang Monthly so much as Car Craft. I have been a subscriber since 19... something. I have gotten more practical ideas from that mag than anything else. It really went to **** though when they let Jeff Smith go who provided the best practical tech. He may not be a Ford guy but he was the greatest tech guy.

Well at least we have Woodchuck on this site!
I received notice that Autoweek has also breathed its last as a physical publication. Car Craft, et al doesn't surprise me..... just following the "way of the world" as far as print magazines are concerned. Jeff Smith. There's a name I hadn't heard in awhile. Haven't seen him in years.... we did lots of articles with him for CC and Hot Rod when I was a Global West. He knows a thing
or two about a thing or two.

Reactions: dm289

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts
Yep, a sad ending. It was my subscription to MM in the early 80s and for the next 20+a number years, thereafter, that was instrumental in helping me restore my mustang beginning in 1996. One of my first challenges was replacing the floors and torque boxes. Soooo helpful. Ugh! I have, most every issue from Fall of '84 through the 2010? Anyone seeking a specific issue, it'll cost only shipping and a little bit to cover the packaging.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sad to see this happen. What will I read now when we are camping off the grid? Always would not read a couple months worth just before the annual trip to have to read.
Funny thing is the bi-monthly Hagerty magazine I get with my insurance coverage seems to be only getting larger. Age demographic I guess. Hope it doesn't go away too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well dang... first thing I did when I bought my mustang this spring was subscribe to MM.. sad... my wife and I like to go to Barnes and Noble at least once a week, and we don’t just read and put back, we end up buying a bunch.. guess we’re a bit old fashioned that way.

·
Registered
337 Posts
signed up for a 2 year script on the cheap last year Now I essentially paid the normal amount for 1 year.
When is the last month of publication?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I renewed for 3 yrs. so am I out of luck they should honor an app instead? Cause I know even getting the MM mags. You have to pay addl for the app. When is last Subscription!!!! Anyone know. I will call Ten today and find out if no one reply’s back

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I cancelled my subscription about 3 months ago, I have received them for most of the last 25-30 years. The last 2-3 years I have received them I haven't hardly even looked at them.

·
Registered
10,339 Posts
I stopped subscribing when the editorials and reviews either became too repetitive, or thinly disguised advertising for parts. Hate to say it, but MM was dead probably ten years ago.

Reactions: kenash

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just re upped my sub to CC yesterday too ?
The fact that they are still taking money from people when they knew that they are stopping the print version is just wrong. I probably will never read the online version, just don't have the time. From what I read in the article, I am not sure MM is going to go online, it seemed like they may just be offering the people with subscriptions Motor Trend. Maybe I misread.
The print version is great ? reading material when you are :poop: lol.

Reactions: DrHawkeye

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
That just sucks. I prefer to read magazines in my hands, and I'm not real crazy about mustang360's layout and function. I'll have to check and see how much longer I'm paid up for.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts