Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang Monthly will no longer be in print. Along with 18 other magazines. I stopped my subscriptions a few years ago when I realized I had read all the articles online already.

·
Dimples
3,677 Posts
That's sad, but it is the way of things. I'm sure I've read thousands of pages of that mag over the last 25+ years, but print media is dying. There's a ton of great content online, and there will continue to be.

End of an era though for sure.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Just sat down in a chiropractor's office and noticed, as expected, everyone is looking at a phone rather than the pile of magazines on a pair of centered tables. Just as well. I've rarely been to a doctor office or to get a hair cut when they had anything I wanted to read. Mmmpsh.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Bummer.

I still like to have the printed magazines. But I’ll keep subscribing if they deliver via an app or something with a decent reading experience.

Don’t want to miss my buddy Mark’s articles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Well, I have all of them from the 1st 2 issues that were not even Mustang Monthly, to almost present. My subscription lapsed this year. I guess I need to find the last few issues and finish the set and put it to bed.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Until a September I had almost all MM from issue 3 through to about 2003. My wife and I are down sizing so wanted to give them away. I had trouble giving them away. One young man told me he can find any info he wants on the internet. My son with a 2 old Mustangs didn't want them. I gave them to a middle aged guy finally.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am really, really, really sad about this. Not Mustang Monthly so much as Car Craft. I have been a subscriber since 19... something. I have gotten more practical ideas from that mag than anything else. It really went to **** though when they let Jeff Smith go who provided the best practical tech. He may not be a Ford guy but he was the greatest tech guy.

Well at least we have Woodchuck on this site!

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
I am really, really, really sad about this. Not Mustang Monthly so much as Car Craft. I have been a subscriber since 19... something. I have gotten more practical ideas from that mag than anything else. It really went to **** though when they let Jeff Smith go who provided the best practical tech. He may not be a Ford guy but he was the greatest tech guy.

Well at least we have Woodchuck on this site!
I received notice that Autoweek has also breathed its last as a physical publication. Car Craft, et al doesn't surprise me..... just following the "way of the world" as far as print magazines are concerned. Jeff Smith. There's a name I hadn't heard in awhile. Haven't seen him in years.... we did lots of articles with him for CC and Hot Rod when I was a Global West. He knows a thing
or two about a thing or two.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Yep, a sad ending. It was my subscription to MM in the early 80s and for the next 20+a number years, thereafter, that was instrumental in helping me restore my mustang beginning in 1996. One of my first challenges was replacing the floors and torque boxes. Soooo helpful. Ugh! I have, most every issue from Fall of '84 through the 2010? Anyone seeking a specific issue, it'll cost only shipping and a little bit to cover the packaging.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Sad to see this happen. What will I read now when we are camping off the grid? Always would not read a couple months worth just before the annual trip to have to read.
Funny thing is the bi-monthly Hagerty magazine I get with my insurance coverage seems to be only getting larger. Age demographic I guess. Hope it doesn't go away too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well dang... first thing I did when I bought my mustang this spring was subscribe to MM.. sad... my wife and I like to go to Barnes and Noble at least once a week, and we don’t just read and put back, we end up buying a bunch.. guess we’re a bit old fashioned that way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
signed up for a 2 year script on the cheap last year Now I essentially paid the normal amount for 1 year.
When is the last month of publication?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I renewed for 3 yrs. so am I out of luck they should honor an app instead? Cause I know even getting the MM mags. You have to pay addl for the app. When is last Subscription!!!! Anyone know. I will call Ten today and find out if no one reply’s back

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I cancelled my subscription about 3 months ago, I have received them for most of the last 25-30 years. The last 2-3 years I have received them I haven't hardly even looked at them.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The lag between when they print and when they deliver is just too much. Add in the cost of printing and mailing and it’s done for. How many of us will pay for a subscription to an online version?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I stopped subscribing when the editorials and reviews either became too repetitive, or thinly disguised advertising for parts. Hate to say it, but MM was dead probably ten years ago.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just re upped my sub to CC yesterday too 🙁
The fact that they are still taking money from people when they knew that they are stopping the print version is just wrong. I probably will never read the online version, just don't have the time. From what I read in the article, I am not sure MM is going to go online, it seemed like they may just be offering the people with subscriptions Motor Trend. Maybe I misread.
The print version is great 🚽 reading material when you are :poop: lol.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
That just sucks. I prefer to read magazines in my hands, and I'm not real crazy about mustang360's layout and function. I'll have to check and see how much longer I'm paid up for.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts