Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
A sad end to that form of media. I can't for the life of me (as one of those danged millennials) get behind the digital garbage being produced now.

·
Registered
34,248 Posts
I doubt it will continue long as an electronic pub. Their morgue is lousy. Try looking up past MM articles online. The writeups are still there, but the images are gone. Makes them kinda useless.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Like many, I have 20+ years of them. I let the subscription lapse maybe 10 years ago. I too would gladly box them up and send them to someone who wants them - postage plus an oil change.....lol.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Well, shoot. I saw Dave Freiberger posted about this a few days ago, but didn't consider it included Mustang Monthly. I've enjoyed reading car mags since I was a little kid. Online is just not the same, but such is life in the 21st century.

I just threw away years and years of MM mags. Someone in my Mustang club brought them to a meeting. Nobody wanted them and I simply don't have the room.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I stopped subscribing when the editorials and reviews either became too repetitive, or thinly disguised advertising for parts. Hate to say it, but MM was dead probably ten years ago.
Pretty close for dead for me too. I cancelled in 2010, or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Even though I am late in the game, I am sad to hear the news. I kinda hate reading articles online. There is just something about holding a magazine and flipping through the pages that to me a screen cannot replicate.

So what is the alternative now for a vintage Mustang magazine? Specially for someone that is starting out on the hobby of restoring one?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I cancelled my subscription about 3 months ago, I have received them for most of the last 25-30 years. The last 2-3 years I have received them I haven't hardly even looked at them.
I just received the latest one yesterday, skimmed through it in 20 minutes, threw it in the trash. I have a huge tub in the basement with the last 25 years or so in it. Going to the dump I guess, no one wants them.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just received the latest one yesterday, skimmed through it in 20 minutes, threw it in the trash. I have a huge tub in the basement with the last 25 years or so in it. Going to the dump I guess, no one wants them.
If they're in good condition, your local library might take them.
And if I'm reading the label correctly on the issue I got yesterday, I'm subscribed until 2023. I hope they're gonna be refunding a few years of that.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
i non renewed my script last year. i dont miss it.
i have 30+ yrs of back issues to thumb threw while im on the throne

none of it is new news but sometimes i can read it as such. youll be surprised what i can forget over time

then i love looking at the mid 80s classified and seeing B9s going for $4500 and and 2,s going for $3700

wow it was so much money back then lol

·
Super Moderator
8,887 Posts
I’ll miss CC for sure!

I’ve been reading for over 40 years.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mustang Monthly and 18 other car mags to stop printing this month by the TEN Network....

Mustang Monthly....R.I.P. Dec. 2019

Read it and weap...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
To add, They may still keep an Online presence...but don't expect what you got in the printed magazine....

·
Registered
34,155 Posts
For years I had subscriptions to MM and CarCraft.... let them go when the content was pretty much either a glorified advertisement or a reprint from years before.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yeah, I've been away from the forum for a few weeks....That's what I get for being away...lol...

·
Registered
533 Posts
For years I had subscriptions to MM and CarCraft.... let them go when the content was pretty much either a glorified advertisement or a reprint from years before.
In the late 70's, Car Craft had a lot of the same articles as Hot Rod, so I stopped getting Car Craft.
I finally let my Popular Mechanics subscription lapse since the magazine didn't have anything to do with mechanical things or building things anymore.
I had been a subscriber since my mother got me a subscription when I was in grade school in 1971.
I still have the Popular Mechanics encyclopedias where people built garage door openers and other such things. :)

21 - 40 of 79 Posts