Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each Friday night there is a featured car and this coming Friday night is "Pony Car Night" in downtown Downers Grove. Once again, let's turn it into "Mustang Night" by flooding Curtis Street with vintage stangs. The show runs from 6:00 to 9:00. Live music and plenty of places to eat.

For more info visit http://downtowndg.com Look under downtown events for a schedule. There are also maps and directions on the site.

We will probably be there early and hope to see you all there.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
We wont be there, that is the Indy show weekend.
Have fun!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I will be there one way or another.... if my parts come in time I will have the mustang, if not...the vette it is

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did he say vette???????? <<<<---rubbing eyes, musta read that wrong,,, naw he musta meant he'd drag the stang there anyway he could hehehe

I will try n be there

·
Registered
867 Posts
yes, i know its horrible...but i am not biased right now in my driveway I have a Ford, Chevy, and a Dodge!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Paul, Trying to make it up to Downer's Grove on Friday as well (weather permitting). A friend of mine will be bringing his new purchase - 66 fastback that he picked up to replace his 72 vert he sold a month ago.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I will be there,if it doesn't rain and right now it looks like it will. By the way Paul will you bring some t-shirts? Mine that I have is WAY to big. Would like to switch size,not GROW into it. ;)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the weather cooperated and we had a pretty good turnout last night. Saw a few Mustangs I hadn't seen before. I was dropping club flyers in quite a few of the cars. Sorry if you didn't need one...

We ran into a few friends out on main street and by the time we got back to Curtis just about everyone was gone. When we left, I had a hell of a time getting the black GT into reverse. Lots and lots of grinding. Glad more people weren't still there for that horror show. Time for a little shifter linkage adjusting.

Thanks to all that came out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Paul, saw your cars, but missed meeting you. We went to a late dinner and when we got back to our cars, my buddys 66 fastback (parked in front of my car) won a trophy. Great way to end the cruise night..Glad the weather held up as it was a great evening.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes it was a very nice night for a show! Nice to the street lined with Mustangs. To tell you the truth this was the first show that I actually sat and watched the people walk and comment on the cars. That was the way to go!!!
Good to see and meet some other members.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts