Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chip Foose and his crew will restomod a '70 Mustang on Overhaulin' tonight at 7 pm on TLC. Might be a repeat, but I haven't seen it before. Thought I would pass along the info.

Vince

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
That's 7 your time?.........either way thanks, I can't seem to ever find him anymore......

And I miss my car shows!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm tired of the "stolen car" bit, but I'd sure like to see more of Foose's stuff and Coddington's. Even without the phony drama I love the cars and seeing the work being done. maybe when these cable channels realize no one is flipping houses anymore (duh) they'll give us more car shows. And...not 5X as many motorcycle shows!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Motorcycles and trucks!

give ME cars!

even what's his name that seems to find all his rebuilds from junk yards

and what ever happened to that show where there were teams competing, that went out and bought, fixed up and sold at auction!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
There is a cool show on speed channel called "Chop Cut and Rebuild". They highlight the build of 2 or more cars over the season without the drama. Just what it takes to build a cool car. You guys should check it out. I have it on my DVR. :thumbup: I haven't seen a new overhaulin' forever. I don't think they have done a new one in a year or so. I bet it is a repeat of the convertible he did in a previous season. It looked cool! He put fastback quarters on the vert.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ponies said:
That's 7 your time?.........either way thanks, I can't seem to ever find him anymore......

And I miss my car shows!
Yes - 7 pm EST. I never saw Overhaulin' until a couple of months ago. All of the reruns are new to me!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The convertible was a '69. They've done two '70 fastbacks. A gray one with a 460 and a blue one with the new Boss 302 from Ford. That's the more recent one so that's probably tonight's show.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Vince in Philly said:
ponies said:

And I miss my car shows!
Yes - 7 pm EST. I never saw Overhaulin' until a couple of months ago. All of the reruns are new to me!
AH, how it must feel to be a Foose virgin again. Lucky you!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I just watched it. They did a nice job with the car and kept it along the feel of the original car. I didn't care for the body color engine compartment though.

It would have been nice if they redid the Cougar too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Or built a real one with a new Boss four-bolt main block and a set of Edelbrock 351C heads.

That car looked great though. The wheels weren't my cup of tea, other than that it was very well done.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I liked it. It was interesting to see their response to the front clip damage and rusted floorboards. I did like the paint and such, but I didn't like the ride height, wheels, or body-colored engine bay. I think they just did that to make up time. I think it would be easier to mix a ton of blue paint, paint the engine bay, reassemble and just spray the rest on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts