Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Convertible
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a great time visiting the Mustang Owner’s Museum today. While not a huge place there were some very interesting cars there. They were all very unique. My favorite was the green convertible. It was a special order color and build with a 1940 Lincoln green and leather interior. Original owner was purportedly Nelson Rockefeller. If you’re in the Charlotte area (it’s just about a mile from the Charlotte Speedway) it’s worth a stop in if you’re a Mustang aficionado. They are also raffling off the blue Fastback and I may or may not have bought a ticket. Ok, you got me there, I bought one. I’ll also be posting a 360 degree video at some point so you can see all of the cars. For now enjoy these pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,051 Posts
Loved going there with my family for the Grand Opening and celebrating 55 years at the Speedway. Also visited Daniel Carpenter's manufacturing facility and his incredible personal 1964 and up museum. Took LOTS of pictures with my sons (11 and 15 at the time) and they had a blast !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,051 Posts
Shoot, I didn’t know about the Carpenter place! Is the collection always open?
Their hours are limited, but Mr. Carpenter was there when we were in the area where the cars are, was very polite and welcoming. He is a true enthusiast. We didn't bother the man while he was having a conversation with another fellow on the accuracy, fit and finish of some part his company was to reproduce. The facility and warehouse were clean as a pin, with happy accommodating employees, and very cool manufacturing equipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts