Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I need to place an order for my '65, and I figured I'd might as well R&R the steering components on my '73 too. So, I see Mustang Plus' steering kit for my '73 for $317+change. I then go to CJ Pony parts and see that if I get all the parts separately (2 outer tie rod ends, 2 inner tie rod ends, 2 adjusting sleeves, and 1 idler arm), it'll come out to over $100 cheaper than Mustang Plus! Am I missing something here? Why would Mustang Plus' kit be so much more expensive? Better yet, does anyone know of another vendor who might have it even cheaper?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Not sure on the price question, but be wary of Mustangs Plus' center link piece. Mine for my '65 did not fit, so I just reused the original.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Find out where the parts are made. A lot of places use junk from Taiwan and China, which are usually of poor quality. I just replaced my steering components, and I looked at both cj's and mustangs plus, but I ended up going with a kit from opentracker because I know they use all moog parts an plus you get a roller idler arm. They cost a bit more, but I figured that's one thing I didn't want to skimp on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts