Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a buy it now on one of there EBAY auctions for a 4 row radiator. I won it now last Monday and have not heard a word. I do not expect the item to be here by now, but I would expect them to acknowlege that I paid for it or they shipped it. Has anyone else had any similar experinces with them? I have called and left messeges, emails, and nothing. I do not want to seem EAGER, but this radiator is the only thing keeping the stang off the road. Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have never bought from them on ebay but have thru their online store. I have always thought I was treated well, they emailed the status of my orders and UPS shipping info that I use to track the shipment (got one coming tomorrow). Your lack of response surprises me. Good luck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought a new 4 core radiator from Mustang Plus. It took over 4 months to get to me. I ordered directly off their site and after numerous phone calls they explained that they are out of stock and demand is high in the summer (duh).

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I bought a set of ant-isway bars (front and rear) from them off of ebay and they contacted me quite soon to finalize the transaction.

I would call their toll free order number and ask about the transaction.

Mustang Plus does (did?) have a bad time dealing with back-orders: the last time I dealt with them they just shipped the rest of the order and let the fact that something was missing be my clue that it was back-ordered. (It did show on the packing slip that it was back ordered. But there was no expected date and no attempt to make any other contact.)

John Harvey

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT TOOK 4 MONTHS! :: :: ::
Why did you not cancel the order? I have been calling their toll free number with no response. If it takes longer than 2 weeks for them to CONTACT me, they will never receive my business again.

With all of this said it is still early and I do not want to DOG THEM OUT yet. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any dealings with them as this is my first. I have normally been a NPD guy, but I thought I would try something new.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Understandable. I will continue to get in touch with them over the next few days!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I want to clarify something here.

This is just some big name on eBay right? not Mustangs Plus the after market company?

Preston
Future NASCAR Chevy Killer & The Lord of the Dance

·
Registered
248 Posts
The place I had my trouble with was Mustang Plus in Stockton. I ordered directly throught their site and spoke with them through the entire 4 months...

I can't confirm who the Ebay ID belongs to.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I had experience with then over the phone and through the online ordering with no problen. I love those guys. But, I too recently purchased through ebay and had a similar ordeal. Took about a week to get a quote. I requested a quote many times detailed explaining my address in Hawaii. After the week I got the quots of 2 items won and quickly paid. Then a week later they come back with, "oh, you're in hawaii, gonna cost more". Then, they shipped it in two boxes when it could easily have fit in the same box, $85 2 day air, 3 weeks after I won it. Never got a shipped notice, tracking number nothing. I had to call them. I ended up scratching the project and doing something else. I even took leave from my Air Force job to work on the car. I was very disappointed with the slow service. I still love those guys, but can't depend on the ebay.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to update the situation, they just emailed me and said it woudl hsip today UPS. Hopefully it will be here in a few days! I will let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.