Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our "season" officially came to a close at work in our little agriculture business. The fertilizer has been spread and the weeds have been sprayed. The telephone has died way down. We can focus on internal operations for the time being, paying the bills, budgeting for next year, and doing maintenence......and serious mustanging.

So this afternoon, it was drizzly here, and we couldn't run the sprayer rig. I said to heck with it and took the afternoon off. I grabbed the hired man, who is a $#%@ good welder, and we built the subframe connectors for the 65 coupe. That wirefeed welder works great for that stuff. Hopefully tommorrow or Friday we will weld them in place. They look awsome all painted up and ready to install.

Was kinda funny. He was welding away with sparks flying everywhere, and I'm making major noise with the air wrench installing the newly painted/rebushed strut rods and new lower control arms. The mustang is raised way in the air with the front end loader. I couldn't help but think this might be typical of Dean's mustang restoration shop! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Got a set of really low profile 14" tires (temporary knockoffs) from the local tire company in town....for free. And they mounted them to the wheels for free!!! I polished a pair of slotted mags to an ultra shine after slaving away with wetsanding them then using mothers mag polish. Mounted the set to the back of the car. It really changed the looks of the mustang shell and made it look like a mean machine. Can't wait to get the fronts installed soon. May have the front suspension completed next week if it goes as fast as it did today.

And I was complaining about the project creeping along..... Ok robbie, keep encouraging me along../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
YOU ARE THE MAN,,see every once in awhile you'll go leaps and bounds,Just don't be discouraged when you have a slow down,,,,Now I want to take the day off and play mustang HEHEHE

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Dan,
Sounds like you are having fun and making progress. I took off work today and tomorrow to work on my car too. The problem is, I was going to do some painting but didn't check with the shop owner (my neighbor) and he had surgery on his shoulder yesterday. So he went with his wife to Las Vegas this AM. Her mother lives there and he decided that would be a good place to convalesce for a few days. I can still go work on my car as I have a key to the shop, but I will have to come up with an alternate plan. I think I will work on the rear end. It needs painting (which I can do), new bearings, seals and studs (while I'm at it). Anyway, it seems that everytime I'm set to make real progress, something like this happens. Oh well, I'll get there.

BTW, your brake parts look super! You do such good work. Keep it up.

Carl

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Carl. I appreciate the compliment!

Please let me know what you did to restore your rearend when you get it finished. I'll have to do the same with mine. Need to wait till I get rear leaves though. Sounds like you are making progress. Don't worry, mine will NOT be running this year, hehe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts