Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to convert my lights to the Mustang Project Shelby tail lights. Does anyone know if these can be purchased in Canada? The shipping is $185 from the states...ouch!

Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
not sure where you live .... but in my area (outside montreal, QC) there is a place 2 min from the US border called Freeport Forwarding (in the USA) ... I have everything shipped there .... USA usually has free shipping over there own territory... so I cross the border and tell the dude i'm going to freeport to pickup car parts, then I cross back the Canadian border and I pay duty on it and come back home :)

easy as pie :)

good luck

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
It's been my experience that shipping has been much cheaper from US suppliers than buying here in Canada. For example, it cost me over $400 to have 2 quarter panels and a firewall shipped from Alberta. I should have done my homework first. I was on NPD's site about a month later and priced the parts just for fun...$240 for shipping. Brokerage fees are usually in the range of $65 on most of the packages I've had shipped. Live and learn, for me anyway.

·
Vendor
3,546 Posts
It's been my experience that shipping has been much cheaper from US suppliers than buying here in Canada. For example, it cost me over $400 to have 2 quarter panels and a firewall shipped from Alberta. I should have done my homework first. I was on NPD's site about a month later and priced the parts just for fun...$240 for shipping. Brokerage fees are usually in the range of $65 on most of the packages I've had shipped. Live and learn, for me anyway.
If you're in Canada, please CALL our Michigan Depot 1-800-521-6104 1-734-397-4569, we might be able to do you better on the freight... Websites can't think.. They just do...

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recommend NPD Michigan.

Residentdud when you end up in Kingston, Ontario. Have your NPD orders sent to a parcel pickup in Watertown or Alexander Bay, New York. Then go pick it up yourself. It will save you the brokerage fee's. shipping may be less as well.

I lived in Kingston for 16 years. If you like micro brewed beer. Try the Drogans Breath real ale or pal ale at the Kingston Brewing Company. Great people there as well. Just leave the Mustang at home.........LoL

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sarman, thanks for the shipping info! It sounds like a good time! Never lived in Kingston, its a nice spot thats for sure. Any ride nights out there? or meets?

Rick, thanks for the heads up as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes. Every Friday night at the Canadian Tire at 2560 Princess St, Kingston. Right at the corner of Princess St and Gardniers Road.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yup there is a mustang club in Kingston and a racetrack in Shannonville about 25mins from Kingston if your interested.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I just ordered some springs from NPD michigan.. I asked to be sent USPS.. Got here very quickly.. Only thing was, there was a sticker on the box that said $150 shipping or something!! I should check my CC bill!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Have you asked them about other shipping options. The default UPS shipping rate that I sometimes get when I want to have parts send to me in Sweden can be very expensive. I once bought some strut rod bushings from Maier Racing. They came after two days by UPS for $150.... They would have fitted in a padded envelope, which would have cost maybe ten bucks by post.

USPS is usually considerably cheaper, especially for smaller stuff. Not as fast though. Another advantage for me is that they drop it off at my local post office. UPS and FedEx insist on deliverying it to my home, during daytime on weekdays when I'm at work.....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
^^^ work will not allow you to get stuff delivered there? I get all my stuff delivered to my office :) :) and reception is like....why are tires getting delivered here....hahahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts