Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for any mention of this but surprisingly came up empty . It's not that often that you could enter to win 2 Mustangs for as little as $10. One 1967 Shelby GT500 (the real deal on the Shelby registry) and a one-off 2010 Patriot Edition GT500. I couldn't believe it either. It's a raffle run by the Healing Heroes Network who helps members of the armed services injured in the line of duty.

Home | Healing Heroes Network

Anyway, I heard about this a little over a week ago near Veterans Day and just thought everyone might be interested. I bought my dad (Vietnam Vet) 5 tickets for Veterans Day. They are cheap. 5 for 10 bucks...and much higher quantities if you want. It's not one of those $100 a ticket type raffles so there will certainly be a lot more tickets sold, but for $10, and it all goes to a good cause so why not. The cars were both at the SEMA show a couple weeks ago, too.

SEMA 2009: Ford shows off Healing Heroes Network grand prize Shelby GT500 pair — Autoblog

One catch: the winner pays the taxes on the "fair market value" of the 2 cars like all prizes of this type. Not sure how they'd valuate a collector like the '67 that could be $75K - $100K+ and a one-of-a-kind 2010 model, but I'd guess the value would be in the $150K total range. All I know is that I'd FIND the money if I won the raffle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. 7-3-10

I figure even if they sell a couple hundred thousand tickets, there's still a better chance than winning the lottery. It's on my calendar and I'll be waiting by the phone...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts