Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know what these shift knobs are off of? I have four of them that I got at an estate sale 25 years ago. They have threaded inserts for 1/2-20, 3/8-24 and 1/4-28 thread. The Mustang running horse is really nice. The wood looks like walnut. I am thinking that they are aftermarket from the 60's or early 70's but I'm not sure:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Your'e right, They are after market. They were sold under a number of different brands, including EELCO, ALCO, Cal Custom and others. To the best of my knowledge they haven't been made in nearly 30 years. They were prone to pitting because of the really thin chrome layer on the pot metal. Even in the shape yours are in they'll likely bring decent attention if offered for sale.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought one probably three years ago off ebay, new in the package for about 10 bucks. I actually like it a lot. It is very comfortable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's what my car had on it when I bought it and I like it alot even though the chrome is all worn off. I would like to get it sort of 'restored' one of these days with maybe some new chrome and a little red, white, and blue paint down in the bars. It is by far my favorite of all the 'typically available' shift knobs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely adore these shift knobs. Don't suppose there's any chance you still have the 1/2"-20 one and might consider selling it? Fantastic find at any rate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts