Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son sent me these pictures and doesn't remember anything about them. I have heard of a Mustang prototype station wagon and am wondering if this may be it. The plates may be California and that looks to be a 62 Ford wagon in the driveway. This car is obviously driven. I suppose it could be a FrakenStang

·
Registered
2 Posts
that's the clark/cumberford prototype built in Italy in (I believe) 65. supposed to be pitched to ford or something like that, no clue what's happened to it now

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
that's the clark/cumberford prototype built in Italy in (I believe) 65. supposed to be pitched to ford or something like that, no clue what's happened to it now
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!! there were a number of these cars built, and the company that did the job actually went on to do mustang wagons of other years. i think they did some through the 68 or 69 model year. they did pitch the idea to ford, but it was rejected by ford.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I gotta say I like it. And some years back I saw a 65,66 pickup I think they called a Mustaro. Didn't like that so much.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!! there were a number of these cars built, and the company that did the job actually went on to do mustang wagons of other years. i think they did some through the 68 or 69 model year. they did pitch the idea to ford, but

1 - 11 of 11 Posts