Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the 2015+ disc brake conversion on their 67/68 Mustang?

I just placed an order and need to find some roller wheels to throw on after the swap as my 15" Cragars would no longer fit. I'll have to upgrade to 18" wheels to clear the 14" rotors in the front and 13" rotors in the rear. Any suggestions for cheap rims/tires to throw on so I can roll it around the driveway as I handle the rest of the work. I don't anticipate it to be ready to drive for a few months, so I have time to find a more permanent option later.

I'm not good with the search function, so if this has been discussed before, can someone point me in the right direction to find that thread?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
A couple of 2015+ Mustang space saver spare tires or similar. Don't actually know if new Mustangs have a spare tire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to look into that. I was hoping that some take offs from 2015+ would work. But from what I gather from looking around the backspacing is all wrong. It's a shame since a set of those with tires are cheap on OfferUp and Craigslist.

·
Registered
961 Posts
A couple of 2015+ Mustang space saver spare tires or similar. Don't actually know if new Mustangs have a spare tire?
good thinking ! I would image that they would have spare, probably really cheap from a junk yard too

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,713 Posts
I don't know that they come with spares but you can buy one new. It's an "FR3Z-something" part. A sort of weird offset and skinny wheel and tire that are supposed to fit 17, 18, and 19" wheel sets. I've yet to see one in the local junkyards but have been keeping and eye out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts