Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
OOPS! :eek:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
No!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i personally like the look, but i would never put one in a 'stang unless it was dealer-installed wayyyyyy back when it was built

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's just wrong.... :thumbdown:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I see you live in Texas. Would you want a sun roof without a shade? If there's
a shade it uses head room. I'm 6'6"!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
no

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
not living in Texas?

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,682 Posts
That looks like one of the aftermarket pop up units that were popular in the early '70's. To my eye, an all steel sliding sunroof such as the ASC units installed by the factory on a few '69 Cougars would be more classy looking.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think it looks pretty neat! If it was professionaly done and doesn't leak, why not! Not
any different than the rest of the restomod stuff!

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
At least that looks somewhat normal for a sunroof. Someone replaced the large roof panel on a FB with a fastback backlite! Now that looked weird.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Can't do it, it's like a huge scab....

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sounds like Grandma had it installed way back in the day, when vintage Mustangs were just used cars and most of us wouldn't have known any better. I wouldn't install one now, of course, but if I came to own a car such as this, I'd probably leave it in as a period-correct mod.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts