Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the coils installed this morning!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif The internal mounted coil spring compressor worked beautifully and safely. Spent about one hour and had both coils installed along with the "covers" which enclose the top half of the coils. Ran down to the tire and oil place and had the wheels mounted, then I polished them tonight. The front suspension project is complete exept for shocks. Man its great to see a neat set of wheels tucked under that gaping fender hole I've been staring at for almost a year! The disk rotors look good behind the wheels also. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Steering is next. I need to order a rebuild kit for the steering box. Its $90 at NPD. Plus the idler arm. These items and the tie rods I have will get the steering system steering again. I'm thinking of rebuilding the rear end also and installing new leaf springs in the back. This will complete the basic chassis work. Oh yeah, need to finish the subframe connectors. They are welded in but need completed too. Gosh,,,,,,,will the work never end?!!?/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
553 Posts
i'm totally diggin' the wheels. i want to find a good set of the aluminum slot mags, i'm starting to like them more than TTDs just because it seems like everyone has TTDs. pretty cool, it's looks like you've come a long way. by the way, yes the work never will end. they are all 'works in progress' /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wooo hoooo!!!!

I just got my TCP export brace and sub braces....
I also wanna get their motormounts.....

Looks like you ride is comng along twotoots!!!!

looking great!!!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Congrats! I am going the other way on mine, everytime I fix something, I tear 3 other things appart. At this rate, it will be a shell by christmas.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
it's a car ,its a trialer,no its a car ,,unh uh its a trailer,its ,,its,,its,,its a car HEHEHE-- Congrats,, life is good

·
Registered
518 Posts
Doggonit Dan, I'm about to raise the white flag! Unconditional surrender!

Really though, I am glad to see your progress. I am going to shoot the last coat of DP90 on the engine bay and under carraige this weekend (I can do that myself.). Then I will be ready to install the front suspension, brakes, and steering. I still need to order the rear springs and get the rear end installed. My painter had shoulder surgery last week so I won't get any painting done on the rest of the body for a while. Of course, I could do it myself with his expert guidance. Hmmm.

Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress. It inspires me. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. It is still a mustang trailer in the sig pic 'cause the front tires are off the ground, hehe. I have it parked in the warehouse for now awaiting the next move sitting on the front tires with the hitch sticking out. It is on all fours though.... Trailer, trailer not, trailer, trailer not........can't make up its mind!!!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Excellent !

I too am liking the look of the slotted mags....And I think I know a place where I can get a set for cheap ! hehe Dickson

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
This weekend I will be installing the l/s torque box & then on to the full floor on the 65 Fastback. By the time I am finished the only original pieces will be the roof & door posts & l/s rear quater panel. LOL. I dont know if I should be laughing or crying. sigh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts