Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My white 65 clone is finally finished being painted, it was delivered and it looks perfect.

I dynoed my 330 CI stroker last night and it rounds out at [email protected], with a box stock 650 carb on it. With a bigger carb, tuned for top end HP it would make 400+. We tried a stock 750 carb and although it made about the same HP, it was much higher up the RPM scale at 6800 RPM. The low end is pretty good at 355 ft pounds of tq @ 2500 RPM. It has Alan Root aluminum heads, big cam (don't know the specs) and I used a Victor Jr on it. My friend, who owns the dyno, mentioned that if I put a dual plane intake on the engine, it should have between 30 and 40 more FT pounds of Tq down low, although it probably won't go to 7500 anymore......It just so happens I have an original intake from a Shelby.

Gary

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Are we talking flywheel HP I assume?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Awesome!!! Cant wait for the pictures

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is corrected Flywheel HP....I would post some pictures, but for some reason I get an error when trying to post into the members forum......

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts