Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a good discussion today with a young whipper snapper and his dad. We had opinions all over the page.

You drive your Mustang to work a day or two. Obviously, it needs a good cleaning. You have a big car show coming up. What do you use to wash your car with? Do you follow with a polishing? And it needs a good wax job. What brand is your favorite? Lambs wool or microfiber mit and towels?

Now when you get to the show, what do you do to it?

I know opinions will vary and that is good. I would prefer honest discussion as urinating contests can be messy on a paint job.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I drive mine daily; 600 miles a week. She gets washed every Friday with water. If I feels she does not shine enough I use Meguiars Ultimate Detailer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I generally just use a spray detailer, polish w blacklight and then petes 53.

This weekend I'm doing a full polish to remove swirls from PO and then the above. I haven't really washed the car w soap and water since buying it a few mistakes ago.

·
Registered
509 Posts
for me it would depend on what type of paint SS, BC/CC and current condition of said paint. Does it need a compound, polish, wax and then maintain or just polish and wax...

not endorsing but a place to look.

autogeek.net

·
Registered
35,272 Posts
I wash with water and car wash soap, chamois dry. Wax with Collinite 476S carnauba paste wax. At shows, wash and chamois or dust off, depending on how dirty it is.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,578 Posts
Chadwick's Triple Play for any and all. Car usually gets "washed" (detailed with this stuff) every few thousand miles or directly after I pull into a car show lot and remember that she's a disgusting mess. Just need a few microfibers and some of this stuff to do the job. Car's never been waxed or polished, though I am a big fan of a good ole clay bar to pull junk out of the paint.

I probably should put a good polish on her as the paint has some swirls from washing granite dust off with water and a towel. Later figured out I should just not wash my car because no matter what I do I can't do it "right", so I just use the CTP instead.

My approach is the non-traditional one... ;) But I'll say that my paint is remarkably good, considering the abuse that it suffers on a weekly basis. Still showroom quality, except for the chips on the front valance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts