Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Have you watched MustangMedic videos?

MustangMedic is back!

3467 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  realMustangMedic
Guys we have been back in action since November 2018. Please disregard the bankrup out of business message that is now 6 years old. Yes we ate out of California thank God but we are better than ever in anew Jersey. Please admin delete the old messages on this forum. They are no longer true. We are back better than ever. Boom MustangMedic 2.0 yeah baby!
Reactions: cobra94svt
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
3,548 Posts
I've seen a couple of your videos before and usually skip on watching them for a reason. Most of the time they're 20+ minutes and involve more talking than actually working on the car/repairing whatever it is that you're working on. Because of this, it turns a simple small project into multiple videos, which I simply don't have the desire or patience to sit and watch. Especially when there are others out there, CJ Pony Parts for example, that do very little talking and actually show you exactly what to do.

· Registered
217 Posts
I just watched your epic road trip and I enjoyed it!! This is something I have always wanted to do (the cross country road trip in my Mustang)....yes, you talk, but it was enjoyable! Would love to visit you at the ranch one day!! Congratulations and welcome back!!!

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just watched your epic road trip and I enjoyed it!! This is something I have always wanted to do (the cross country road trip in my Mustang)....yes, you talk, but it was enjoyable! Would love to visit you at the ranch one day!! Congratulations and welcome back!!!
lol “yes I talk, but it was enjoyable” very funny. Thank you for your support. We will meet some day, I hope at the Ranch.

· Banned
3,548 Posts
If I could offer a bit of advice it would be to condense and/or edit your videos down into a manageable amount of time. I think the biggest off-putting thing, at least for me, about your videos is the amount of talking and the amount of videos you have to watch just to see the "final product". For example when looking at your YouTube page there's a segment on there with 6 different videos devoted just to taking the rear leaf springs off a 1966 mustang coupe that totals over 1 hour worth of watching. I personally don't mind watching a 15-20 minute video of something that I myself am also working on if it's going to help in the long run but over an hour is quite a long time, even with sticky/rusty leaf spring bolts. I personally would do a brief introduction, say what you're going to do and maybe do a little talking along the way but stick mostly to the task at hand.

If you run into an issue with sticky or rusted bolts/nuts and so on, then condense it down or edit it. I don't think very many people are going to spend an hour of their time watching 6 different videos on how to take difficult or rusted leaf springs off when they can watch a video from other vendors where they do it in less than 15-20 minutes. After that you start to lose people to boredom, and I think it shows as a lot of your videos, even ones that are almost 10 years old only have a couple thousand views. Dozens and dozens of your most recent videos within the past year or two have less than 100 views. For the sake of your channel, condense, edit and stick to the task at hand. Just my opinion of course though, you can do whatever you'd like.

· Registered
1965 Coupe C-Code
3,303 Posts
If I could offer a bit of advice it would be to condense and/or edit your videos down into a manageable amount of time. I think the biggest off-putting thing, at least for me, about your videos is the amount of talking and the amount of videos you have to watch just to see the "final product". For example when looking at your YouTube page there's a segment on there with 6 different videos devoted just to taking the rear leaf springs off a 1966 mustang coupe that totals over 1 hour worth of watching. I personally don't mind watching a 15-20 minute video of something that I myself am also working on if it's going to help in the long run but over an hour is quite a long time, even with sticky/rusty leaf spring bolts. I personally would do a brief introduction, say what you're going to do and maybe do a little talking along the way but stick mostly to the task at hand.

If you run into an issue with sticky or rusted bolts/nuts and so on, then condense it down or edit it. I don't think very many people are going to spend an hour of their time watching 6 different videos on how to take difficult or rusted leaf springs off when they can watch a video from other vendors where they do it in less than 15-20 minutes. After that you start to lose people to boredom, and I think it shows as a lot of your videos, even ones that are almost 10 years old only have a couple thousand views. Dozens and dozens of your most recent videos within the past year or two have less than 100 views. For the sake of your channel, condense, edit and stick to the task at hand. Just my opinion of course though, you can do whatever you'd like.
Good callout. If a YouTube video is more than 15 minutes long I'm going to really have to want to watch it.

I don't recall any really long videos from Mustang Medic. Most of the ones I watched were the customer update ones, which I thought was brilliant marketing. And great customer service.

I did watch a really old video of them trying to get a rear leaf spring out and that was cringe worthy watching them beat on it with progressively larger hammers. I didn't get to the point that I was screaming at the screen to just get out a saw, but dang I was close.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thank you for your well thought out feedback. There are different reasons that some may have 100 views, many have hundreds of thousands. Yes I chose to make MustangMedic a “personality” show over how to videos, we have many. We started the Day 1 to date sold video series of hundreds of cars. We have 7.7 Million views, not bad in my humble opinion lol.
I do agree with your point of view, maybe I’m just not your guy. Thank you for caring enough to take the time that you did for my benefit. Thank you

· Banned
3,548 Posts
Good callout. If a YouTube video is more than 15 minutes long I'm going to really have to want to watch it.

I don't recall any really long videos from Mustang Medic. Most of the ones I watched were the customer update ones, which I thought was brilliant marketing. And great customer service.

I did watch a really old video of them trying to get a rear leaf spring out and that was cringe worthy watching them beat on it with progressively larger hammers. I didn't get to the point that I was screaming at the screen to just get out a saw, but dang I was close.
Check out the link I sent. There's 5 other videos, no I haven't watched them all the way through but just looked at the titles of them, but all are roughly 10-15 minutes or more in length. And yes, I took the original leaf springs out of my 65 fastback about 4 years ago and they were a complete PITA. After trying to get them out for about 10-15 minutes and they just kept spinning, I took the sawz-all to them and about 5 minutes later both springs were out and in the recycling bin. I figured that since I'm throwing everything out anyway, who cares if I destroy the old hardware?

· Banned
3,548 Posts
Thank you for your well thought out feedback. There are different reasons that some may have 100 views, many have hundreds of thousands. Yes I chose to make MustangMedic a “personality” show over how to videos, we have many. We started the Day 1 to date sold video series of hundreds of cars. We have 7.7 Million views, not bad in my humble opinion lol.
I do agree with your point of view, maybe I’m just not your guy. Thank you for caring enough to take the time that you did for my benefit. Thank you
While your videos that are 5+ years old don't say how many views they have, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I figured with only 15k+ subscribers and your highest viewed video in the past 4 years being at only 2.6k that you wouldn't have had that many. Good luck with the new business.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While your videos that are 5+ years old don't say how many views they have, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I figured with only 15k+ subscribers and your highest viewed video in the past 4 years being at only 2.6k that you wouldn't have had that many. Good luck with the new business.
I was dark from 3015 to November 2018. Divorce, kids the whole 9 yards. I feel very good about the direction now. If you watch the more recent content you should see the change. I do not have an interest in focusing on how to videos. I have a large library now 7800 videos. It will be making my babies money long after I’m gone. Thank you for the well wishes.

· Premium Member
15,653 Posts
Yes we ate out of California thank God but we are better than ever in anew Jersey.
I think you tried to say "we are out of California, thank God, but we are better than ever in New Jersey".
Isn't that the same thing as jumping out of the frying pan into the skillet? You completely skipped over the best part of the country and moved from one taxed out wasteland to another taxed out wasteland.

· Registered
98 Posts
I met you at Cruisin' Ocean City 2019. You were going up and down the aisles of cars and interviewing some of the Mustang owners, myself included. You had plenty of enthusiasm, and yes you do enjoy talking :) . Don't think my car made it into the videos you posted. Maybe I'll see you there again. Good luck to you.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you tried to say "we are out of California, thank God, but we are better than ever in New Jersey".
Isn't that the same thing as jumping out of the frying pan into the skillet? You completely skipped over the best part of the country and moved from one taxed out wasteland to another taxed out wasteland.
You make a good point. NJ was a necessity because of a divorce so I needed family for the restart. Game plan at the moment is going to Nevada, 30 to 45 minutes out of Vegas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.