Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Mustang market and want to know what 2V or 4V stand for (after c.i.d.) and what does 2+2 mean???

Are A code or C code or K code cars worth more than one another (and why)?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2v is a 2 barell carburator,same goes for 4, and a 2+2 is 2 seats in front and 2 in back,these are found in fastbacks

·
Registered
680 Posts
A code is for a 225 horsepower 289 engine. C code is 289 engine with 2 bbl. carberator. K code is the Hi=Po 271 horsepower 289. The K code is what the Shelby Mustangs were built from.
The K code is the most valuable...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The v stands for Venturi which is another name for the hole or barrel in a carb. So as the others have said a 2v is a 2 barrel and a 4v is a 4 barrel. C-code engines were a 2 barrel carbed 289. The A-code and K-code engines were both 4 barrel carbed 289s, but the K code had solid lifters and a higher compression ratio than the A-code, thus a higher power rating.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
In classic Mustangs (carbureted cars) it means 2 venturi or 4 venturi. In modern Mustang lingo it means 2 valve per cylinder or 4 valve per cylinder. 2+2 is a 1950's era European name for a high speed touring car with seating for two adults and two children. It was first used by Ferrari.

The name came to America in the 1960's and was used on a number of car models. Ford decided to use this designation on the first fastback Mustangs. It was used for several years then dropped for names like "Sportsroof", "Mach I", etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts